BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Service Desk Specialist
- Job Title
- Service Desk Specialist
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA
- Other Location
The Service Desk Specialist will provide service to SOD personnel experiencing IT issues on Customer technology architecture that includes hardware, software, applications, networks, systems, security tools and other related accounts.
- Evaluate, analyze and trouble-shoot password and Tier 1 general IT incidents in a security environment in Remedy Ticket System through phone calls, emails or in person communication with the customer
- Create, document and manage incident tickets about account related issues
- Provide materials and transmit notices/advisories to make team members aware of common causes of system password reset issues and their temporary workarounds and pending permanent solutions available in their knowledge base repositories
- Gather data on the tracking and closure of password related incidents (documented, categorized, escalated, status, troubleshooting procedures, workaround/solution attempted, confirmation of resolution) for reporting purposes
- Perform basic account management
- Required Skills
BA/BS in a technical field with 2-4+ years of related experience.
• Superior customer-service, listening, problem-solving, speaking and writing skills
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Proficient experience with MS Office Support
• MS, O-365, Outlook troubleshooting experience
• Experience with VPN software and networking protocol concepts
• Experience with Windows based operating systems
• Remedy Help Desk and any other Ticketing System
• Basic knowledge of application, tool, software and hardware troubleshooting
• Proficiency in English
• Any security tools (the more, the better)
• Proficiency in remote support software and tools
• Must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills