BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Security Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Security Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC 20024
- Other Location
The Senior Security Engineer will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. The engineer will work with internal, Agile based multi-disciplinary team to ensure the systems are functional, secure, and scalable. Team member will engineer design and develop cyber security technology along with integration of new architectural features into existing infrastructures while maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks.
- Required Skills
• BS in STEM or related field with 12-15+ years of related experience.
• 10+ years of hands-on general infrastructure administration and system engineering
• Experience with 2+ of the following areas:
o Implementing STIG / NIST / OSCAP frameworks on RHEL
o Experience with SELinux
o Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
o Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
o Linux security & systems engineering, design, and support
o Network administration and design
o Configuring and managing virtualized environments
o Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
• Experience with Python and Shell Scripting
• Experience with system engineering and network and system administration as related to orchestration and automated deployments
• Experience with the tools used to design, build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure in a variety of cloud environments (GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite).
• Experience with Direct Customer Engagement
• Experience with Requirements Identification and decomposition
• Experience working with developers and process improvement
• Experience identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI
• Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
Must Have One of the Following J3 Certifications:
• CCNP Security
• CCIE Security
• Certified Splunk Architect
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience with AWS
• Hands on Ansible experience
• RHCSA/RHCE Certification
• Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
• Hands on OpenStack Experience
• Mastery in applying systems administration and system engineering/ security theories, concepts, methods and best practices throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Mastery in defining solutions using security architecture requirements and customer requirements
• Mastery in designing secure, scalable, highly available fault tolerant cloud systems
• Experience with system engineering cloud services based on data, compute, database and cybersecurity requirements