- Job Title
- Company Manager
- Job ID
- NEW YORK, NY 10027
- Other Location
The Apollo Theater is a commissioner and presenter; catalyst for new artists, audiences, and creative workforce; and partner in the projection of the African American narrative and its role in the development of American and global culture. The Apollo envisions a new American canon centered on contributions to the performing arts by artists of the African diaspora, in America and beyond.
As the Company Manager, you will be responsible for providing the essential support required to maintain an efficient theatrical presenting profile for the Apollo Theater. This position works in conjunction with the Programming Department in scheduling and coordinating all travel, lodging, hospitality/catering and ticketing for all visiting artists each season. You will have specific responsibilities in regards to each Apollo Mainstage and Soundstage Events.
Working closely with the Apollo Programming team, Events team and Project Stage Managers, you will function as a liaison to the Production and General Management departments. This position is an important link between these departments and carries with it a substantial need for understanding of, and adherence to, organizational hierarchy and appropriate communication pathways. High attention to detail and the ability to work independently is essential.
Apollo values excellence and professionalism in all aspects of its company and public life. Integral to this position is the demonstration of practical initiative; respectful, courteous and cooperative relationships; affirmative, efficient and ethical working practices.
Logistical and Artist Services:
- Arranges and books travel and temporary local housing and on site hospitality for guest artists.
- Meets and greets guests; provides tour of Apollo facilities; assists with obtaining:
- Parking permits, hotel keys, phone lists, “rules of the house”, etc.
- CM remains available to guest artists via telephone for the duration of the Guest Artists stay.
- Prepares travel itineraries for guest artists as requested.
- Orders and arranges hospitality for Guest Artists as directed.
- Orders and/or shops and maintains inventory of utilized on a regular basis.
- Manages and keeps records of all aspects of Artists contractual ticketing. Collects all information and submits to Apollo box office. Distributes tickets to appropriate person.
- Assists in compiling information from guest artists or companies for Visa processing.
- Manages and maintains Amateur Night wardrobe.
- Researches, collects and maintains information on available local hotel options, transportation companies and local catering vendors.
- Assists in compiling information to be included in information packets to be distributed to Guest Artists and Staff.
- Maintains a housing, travel, hospitality and ticketing expense budget. Provides a post-show “close-out” report for each event. This includes project summaries, dressing room assignments, rehearsal schedules, etc.
- Maintains housing, travel, hospitality and ticketing tracking document for each project for the Programming season. Prepares reports on the status of all the above categories.
- Tracks and reconciles all Amex charges. Submits report to finance.
- Provide support for Programming Department with coordinating hospitality for internal and public events and staff or guests travel/hotel needs, when required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 1 – 3 years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Previous experience in theatre/production management or large-scale event coordination. Understanding of the various elements of the theatre process – production, technical and performance.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills – detail orientated.
- Ability to work productively under time pressures and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent decision making skills.
- High level of computer proficiency with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and graphics programs.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by competitive salary and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.