- Job Title
- Dental Assistant
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX 77304
- Other Location
The Dental Assistant is responsible for increasing the efficiency of dentists and/or hygienists in delivering quality oral health care.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assists the dental provider during a variety of treatment procedures at the chair side.
- Maintains accurate patient medical records.
- Facilitates continuity of care for patients and/or family with members of the dental care team.
- Reviews the daily schedule and performs pre-visit planning to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
- Prepares and sterilizes instruments and equipment.
- Greets patients in waiting area and escorts patients to the operatory.
- Takes patient vitals, reviews medical history, makes electronic chart entries under direction of the operator, and assures completion of forms and signatures.
- Takes dental x-rays.
- Applies protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Helps patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Provides patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures.
- Teaches patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Prepares ledger, routing sheet and correct summation of visit.
- Facilitates patient check-out with Treatment Coordinator.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study cases.
- Clean and polish removable appliances.
- Fabricates temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Oversees biohazard waste disposal.
- Adheres to infection control procedures.
- Assists with dental office duties as needed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
High School graduate (or GED) required.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Two (2) or more years’ experience as a dental assistant in dental practice preferred.
CPR/BLS Certification required.
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) required.
Nitrous Oxide sedation certification preferred.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.