- Job Title
- Sales Associate
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77036
- Other Location
Our client is a full-service, family-owned and operated insurance agency serving the Houston, Texas area since 1985. Owned and staffed by Texans, their mission is to provide the very best value to their customers as they help them navigate the complex maze of insurance and risk management.
The agency focuses on three principles: insurance expertise, personalized attention, and commitment to their customers. As an insurance broker, they offer a wide variety of products and services, and because they are affiliated with over 40 of the best insurance companies in Texas, they have the unique ability to provide their customers and their families a solution that meets their specific needs.
Success in the role is going to take someone that is extremely sharp, knows the market and has the wherewithal to slug it out in a competitive environment. We need someone with a determined work ethic and a high activity level in order to be successful. You can’t be afraid to hear “no” and you view the unmovable obstacle, not as a challenge, but an achievable chance to make a difference. If this sounds like you, then you’ll find that we are an ideal place to nurture that perspective and build a rewarding, long lasting career.
As the Sales Associate, you’ll be tasked with working directly with the Inside Sales Team and the Field Sales Agents in a supporting role, handling administrative internal process directly tied to Inside/Field sales activity. Your responsibilities will include quoting, binding, handling forms compliance, telemarketing/generating leads and assisting the Sales Manager with the day-to-day operations within the sales channel.
- Demonstrate superior phone skills including the ability to build rapport quickly with prospective clients.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of personal lines insurance products offered by the agency.
- Be secure in utilizing technology (i.e. basic computer skills, use of automated dialers, Salesforce CRM)
- Generate quotes via EZ Lynx, navigate Salesforce and Hawksoft to maintain client records/policy applications, and assist the Sales Manager with sales metrics reporting.
- Utilize strong organizational skills along with ability to prioritize and manage existing workloads.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision within a team dynamic/group setting.
- 1-3 years of experience working in the insurance industry OR previous experience supporting a sales team in another industry.
- Property & Casualty license a plus.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Superior computer skills, desk top rating software, Microsoft productivity tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, carriers and team members.
- Ability to prioritize work for multiple projects and deadlines.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package, bonus potential and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #PRO