Lead Medical Office Coordinator – Thunderbird Office
- Job Title
- Lead Medical Office Coordinator – Thunderbird Office
- Job ID
- GLENDALE, AZ 85306
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Lead Medical Office Coordinator - Thunderbird Office - AKDHC
By utilizing your exceptional management and leadership skills, you will coordinate daily office operations and ensure the established goals for patient volume are attained. You may be required to report to alternate AKDHC worksites, as directed.
- Direct staff performance onsite to ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and protocols; track attendance and authorize timesheets and PTO requests.
- Track behaviors to meet/exceed goals to increase patient volume and communicate obstacles promptly.
- Monitor physicians’ daily schedule to optimize allotted time slots.
- Coordinate scheduling with other offices to ensure adequate coverage at all work stations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with referring physician offices.
- Adhere to purchasing procedures and inventory control for office and medical supplies.
- Act as liaison between physician office and administration.
- Participate in monthly clinical staff meetings.
- Provide educational support and development to office staff.
- Support back and front offices daily, as needed.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, mail and fax dictation reports, send out recall letters and work on hospital follow up.
- Facilitate annual purging process of patient charts.
- Directly supervise 7-12 employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
The ideal candidate must have
- Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff and outside vendors
- At least 2 years of medical office experience preferred
- The ability to support a pleasant, positive and cooperative teamwork environment, as well as support our Company's Corporate Mission, Core Values and Vision required
- The ability to prioritize and use diplomacy skills coupled with the ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 20 pounds essential
- Must be able to use a computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax, and copier
- All skills, abilities, and education will be considered for minimum qualifications.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.