QA and Release Management Lead
- Job Title
- QA and Release Management Lead
- Job ID
- Plano, TX 75093
- Other Location
At ResMan, we are a dedicated, inventive, and passionate customer focused team determined to change the way multifamily professionals interact with their software. Our enterprise class platform continues to garner enthusiasm and advocacy from multifamily leaders because we not only create software people love, we champion the cause of our customers and partners in the industry.
The QA and Release Management Manager will have experience creating a successful testing and release management strategy for a SaaS Platform. Comfortable with complex testing tasks requiring planning, scheduling, and testing to assure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. Thorough knowledge on various automation tools for functional, regression, integration testing, and release deployment. Capable of maturing automation tools and processes with onsite and off-site resources, including offshore QA resources. Communicates with product team, application developers, development managers on product issues. Operates under minimal supervision
- Responsible for handling highly complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues.
- Creates and Maintains automation framework
- Creates and Maintains automation scripts
- Works with development teams to help implement optimized and re-usable test automation functions.
- Prepares test approach and test scripts based on Stories/BRDs/FSDs.
- Reviews automation code to ensure standards and processes are followed, and advises on optimization of code.
- Implements continuous integration.
- Creates and executes automation scripts and manual test cases, when necessary.
- Manages dedicated offshore QA resources and QA process
- Works closely with Business and Technology partners on defect resolutions.
- Keeps test documentation up to date.
- Leads the creation, preparation, review and execution of quality assurance activities.
- Works with Business and Technology partners to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve escalated issues during the testing process.
- Analyzes application specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and technical functional specification documents.
- Uses advanced knowledge of applications in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems.
- Researches new products and industry methodologies and facilitates the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards for testing.
- Responsible for release coordination, functional group coordination/sign-offs, and actual code deployment.
- Manages the release process including all configuration management, environment management, and code branches for successful releases.
- Knowledge of QA theory and methodology:
- Can define and execute different types of testing: functionality, reliability, usability, efficiency, maintainability, portability (and others)
- Can define and execute different types of tests: integration, system, regression; positive, negative; performance, load, stress (and others)
- Ability to conduct exploratory testing; able to test a product in the absence of requirements
- Experience in QA automation and writing automated test scripts
- Experience in release management and CI/CD
- Experience working with offshore resources
- Familiar with leading QA frameworks and toolsets (ie, Selenium, Testcraft, Lambda, Zephyr, etc).
- Familiar with Release Management and CI/CD tools including Azure DevOps for automated build/deploy
- Comfortable working in a .NET, Azure, jQuery, and vue.js tech stack
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- Able to work with no or minimal supervision and willing to take the initiative
- Belief and Commitment to ResMan’s Core Values:
- Own What You Do: You commit to individual accountability and fulfilling our vision
- Believe in the Impossible: We believe everything is possible through creative thinking and exceptional effort.
- Win Together: We consistently deliver outstanding results through collaborative, supportive and trusted relationships