If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
Senior Benefits Specialist
- Job Title
- Senior Benefits Specialist
- Job ID
SENIOR BENEFITS SPECIALIST - Possible Temp to Hire - Oak Brook
Our growing client has an immediate need for a Senior Benefits Specialist to assist them with daily benefits and HRIS administration. Has the potential to turn into a permanent role if it is a good fit.
- Manage day to day benefits administration and vendor relationships in partnership with the Benefits Manager.
- Collaborate with the Benefits Manager on annual renewal planning, decisions and benefits strategy.
- Manage a well-being communications for employees.
- Act as a subject matter expert and/or functional lead for projects, including but not limited to benefit and payroll transitions and intranet.
- Monitor and comply with all legal requirements, including Federal, State and Local laws, including annual filings, audits and distribution of information to employees by the required deadlines such as SAR, SBCs, SPDs, Disclosures, etc. for the health, welfare and retirement plans.
- Perform quarterly benefit plan enrollment audits to ensure accuracy between internal and external systems.
- Manage escalated benefits inquiries.
- Validate qualified life events processed by employees in Oracle HCM to ensure compliance with plan and legal requirements.
- Review and determine qualification of medical child support orders and domestic relation orders.
- Review health plan and 401(k) discrepancy reports and take appropriate action to resolve.
- Review overage dependent reports, coordinate offering COBRA, and notify carriers of ineligible dependent status.
- Coordinate subsidized COBRA with COBRA administrator and finance.
- Review, prepare, and process monthly benefit plan invoices.
- Process leave of absence and retiree payments.
- Manage internal global transfers to ensure employee benefit elections properly transfer or employees make new benefit elections, if applicable.
- Process 401k and life insurance claims.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred.
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Benefits role required.
- Prior experience with Oracle HCM or another HRIS highly desired.
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment and exhibit professionalism at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities as well as flexibility to adapt to change with new systems and methods while working in a team environment.