JOIN THE TEAM!
Superintendent - Los Angeles, CA
- Job Title
- Superintendent - Los Angeles, CA
- Job ID
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Other Location
- Job Title: Superintendent
- Major responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate, and manage day to day project activities in order to meet project schedule and budget objectives.
- Communicate the project needs well in advance to the project manager.
- Exhibit, at all times, skills that establish and maintain harmonious working relationships between all members of the team.
- Prepare and conduct all onsite subcontractor meetings.
- Prepare, distribute, and communicate a four (4) week micro-schedule on a weekly basis.
- Review project plans, specifications, contracts, submittals as required, and plan work accordingly.
- Monitor project safety and enforce ICON Builders standards with all onsite personnel without exception.
- Plan project activity and communicate those plans to your project manager as well as the subcontractor to ensure performance as required.
- Work with local building officials to schedule inspections, and re-inspections as required to obtain ultimate project sign-off.
- Prepare and submit RFIs to the necessary disciplines to resolve subcontractor questions.
- Work with architects and other engineering consultants to resolve RFIs and other design related issues.
- Walk the project on a regular basis to enforce ICON Builders standards for construction to ensure a quality product upon completion.
- Prepare and distribute daily and weekly log/reports.
- Prepare and maintain project as-built drawings for submittal upon completion of the project.
- Work with local utility companies to ensure timely installation of phone, power, gas, and cable.
- Prepare project site and arrange for installation of temp facilities as required for construction.
- Document all subcontractor back charges for repairs of damaged work, and other labor required by ICON Builders to ensure the responsible party pays its share.
- Perform preconstruction meetings with critical trades such as rough framing, sheet metal, roofing, and lath & plaster to determine readiness.
- Maintain notes of corrections required and actions to be taken and issue to the project manager within the same day.
- Complete all necessary paperwork (daily field logs, weekly required photos, weekly safety meetings, employee sign in sheets, delivery sign in sheets, RFI requests to our office, change order requests, etc.).
- Maintain jobsite office in a neat and organized manner.
- Work with project manager to create, review, and update as needed the overall construction schedule.
- Approve subcontractors’ invoices with project manager.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the creation and completion of the project punch list.
- Assist in training assistant(s) and creating effective construction procedures and systems to enable ICON Builders to complete projects profitably and to the best industry standards.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
We are always looking for good people.
Why Work at MFRG-ICON?
If you like challenging yourself, helping people, having fun, and participating in a fantastic culture while working with a solid group of people in a learning-friendly, rapidly evolving environment, we want to hear from you.
Salary & Time Off
Competitive salaries and all the usual holidays plus a few you might not expect.
We want you to be healthy! We have great employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Location & Office
We have offices in Los Angeles, CA and Scottsdale, AZ. The work environment is fun, casual, collaborative, and feels like a big family.