BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Audio Visual Design Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Audio Visual Design Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Audio Visual Design Engineer will be responsible for new system designs and implementation of audio visual and data system communication networks based off of customer requirements. Team member will work with audio visual operation technicians and engineering resources to ensure proper configuration and delivery of functional systems.
Specific Duties Include:
- Assist in troubleshooting audio visual systems and endpoints supporting daily operations.
- Provide New System Designs, operate and maintain the following: audio/video equipment to include Cisco Codecs and desktop VTC, Christi Spyder video processors, Barco servers and cubes, Epson projectors, Clearone audio mixers, AMX touch panels and controllers, Bright Sign Media Players, AppSpace application, Extron and Crestron systems, RMS servers
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support
- Monitor and respond to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Quickly respond to customer issues regarding AV hardware and programming related issues to resolve on the spot mission impacting problems
- Provide technical support and training to end-users
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians, and may have limited supervisory responsibilities
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and documents as needed
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Performs additional related duties as requested.
- Manage the functionality and efficiency of Audio/Visual systems supporting major conference centers.
- Maintain the integrity and availability of systems
We seek to build a team of Desktop/Voice-Video technicians who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas. Team member will provide PC, telephone, and voice and video conference support which may include duties such as:
- Unpack and set up PCs
- Install PC operating systems via scripted install packages
- Install application software on PCs via scripted install packages
- Provide basic user support for the software; PC, telephone and video troubleshooting when operation errors occur
- Provide limited support related to microcomputer networks and providing user training in basic hardware and software functions.
- Perform all administration involved with PC (desktop/notebooks) distribution including
- Perform inventory on software and computer stock and making request for order or ordering new equipment
- Perform service center technology support which may include duties such as installing an IP phone, installing COTS – GOTS software using scripts and install packages, service center technology trouble shooting when operation errors occur
- Work closely with other members of Service Operations team, Service Design and Service Transition personnel and other IT technical and applications staff.
- Support network and locally attached printers
- Use of the Support Center ticket database to track, update and close tickets.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
• Be Accountable
• Solve Problems
• Take Ownership
• Be Client Centric
• Be Effective
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently sits; uses hands and fingers, handle or feels objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and occasionally required to stand; walk; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 30+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
HS Diploma/GED with 12+ years
Associates degree with 10+ years
Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years
Master's Degree with 6+ years
PhD with 4+ years
• 8-10+ years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
• Experience with Microsoft Visio and or CAD for system designs
• Experience in setting up microphones/speakers and maintenance
• Experience in AV equipment maintenance
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Must be willing and enthusiastic to learn and adapt to new and cutting edge technologies
• Must be willing to work with clients to help identify and design based of their requirements
• Must be able to prioritize time and efforts appropriately in busy work environment
• Must be team player and willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure team's success
• Effective communication and collaboration with Managers and Administrative staff in support of business objectives
• Must be able to lift and move audio/camera equipment up to 30 pounds.
• Must be able to walk distances quickly and comfortably to support large geographically dispersed customer base across large office building
• Regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
• Security +
• Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• AV control systems and programming
• End User IT Support Experience
• Knowledge in VTC systems and support (as listed above)
• Audio Visual experience
i.e. AMX; Extron; Christie Digital Video Teleconference experience, Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)