- Job Title
- Sr. Accountant
- Job ID
- Stamford, CT 06831
- Other Location
Founded in 2010, our client focuses on transit-oriented housing. With their headquarters in Newark, NJ, they are uniquely positioned to respond quickly and effectively to any and all requests. Their driven and passionate management team is committed to providing residents with a place where they want to call home. Our client’s goal is to treat every resident like family; their value is the ability to find innovative and hands-on solutions to create worry-free environments.
As the Senior Accountant, you will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits, as well as manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements. You will report to and work closely with the Controller and others in the organization in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly and year-end close of financial reporting, ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, including accurate journal entries to record activity, maintain the general ledger, and reconcile account balances for an assigned portfolio of residential rental properties.
- Responsible for cash control and bank reconciliations for portfolio properties.
- Review portfolio property vendor invoices and associated disbursements; help manage team member responsible for entering AP into Avid Xchange and Rent Manager.
- Record and maintain escrows, replacement reserves, capital expenditures, and depreciation and equity contributions/distributions.
- Supervise team members who are responsible for A/R and A/P functions.
- Assist Controller with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns, and with preparing monthly and year-end close of financial reporting for the Management Company, including preparing and reconciling property billbacks.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or business-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient at QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, online banking process and protocols and must be technically astute and proficient in all support system functions.
- Participate in and sign a release form to participate in a drug and alcohol screening process and/or criminal background check.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- CPA license or parts passed.
- 1 – 5 years real estate accounting experience.
- Previous knowledge of Rent Manager or Avid Xchange.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.