BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Configuration Analyst - Sr.
- Job Title
- Configuration Analyst - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
The Senior Analyst candidate will provide configuration management support to assigned projects.
- Research, compose, coordinate, and present the Program’s engineering activities through internal Boards and the customer’s Outage Control Board (OCB) for validation and approval.
- Participate in the OCB validation and various approval meetings acting as a technical advisor, presenter, and subject matter expert for telecommunications and WAN/LAN related Authorized Outages (AOs).
- Assist in planning and developing methods, procedures, and policies concerning telecommunications systems and implementing telecommunication projects.
- Participate in program management reviews, technical oversight meetings, and workshops to keep abreast of program controls, changes and new standard systems being acquired for installation.
- Candidate will develop a deep understanding of the Intelligence Community (IC)-ITE initiative and will participate in the IC DeskTop Environment (DTE) IT change management process
- Manage 10-30 engineering activities/requirements a week including new activities
- Includes: updating the status of existing activities, modifying as needed for date changes, preparing briefings, attending eight Outage Control Board (OCB) meetings a week and 2-4 Senior level briefings discussing high or significant outage impacts.
- Research, draft, coordinate, finalize and submit for validation and approval of AOs.
- Provide IC DTE status and assist in shaping IC DTE roles and responsibilities.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work/military experience.
• 8+ years of related experience
• 5-10+ years of IT requirements managements, configuration management, change management or Systems Engineering experience.
• Ability to interface with the customer on a consistent basis and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
• Must demonstrate familiarity (technical and performance requirements) with existing customer’s IT systems and segments.
• Understands the “why” behind the customer needs and can clearly articulate it to others.
• Highly organized with the ability to strategically think about operational needs and opportunities, while always taking a customer and partner-centric approach.
• Ability to inspire and work collaboratively with individuals of highly diverse cultures in a global and virtual environment and effectively communicate technical issues in a non-technical manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to interact with IC DTE Integrated Program Office (IPO) and T leadership
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Basic understanding of various virtualization technology principles and cloud computing.
• ITIL Foundations; or an understanding of ITIL and the application of domain knowledge of the Customer architecture and infrastructure
• Demonstrated understanding of the client’s Governance and Process Controls procedures (Board, control gates etc.)
• Experience with the ISP/ASP construct
• Enterprise Management Tools experience (BMC Remedy ITSM, ServiceNow)
• Familiarity with SharePoint
• Familiarity with IC Connect (Adobe) and other meeting facilitation tools
• Ability to work with minimal supervision