BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Linux Cloud Systems Engineer - Sr.
- Job Title
- Linux Cloud Systems Engineer - Sr.
- Requirement ID
- Arnold, MO 63118
- Other Location
The Linux Cloud Systems Enginer will design, architect, deploy and maintain cloud solutions. Team member's expertise will support a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment.
- Architect, build, maintain Hadoop, and other cloud infrastructure
- Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Develop and direct the development of content for a complex and growing infrastructure.
- Includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists
- Provide guidance to security analyst and network engineering staff
- Work closely with C&A Team to maintain Security requirements for Operation of IEC systems
- Support all aspects of Customer's Security Information and Event Management initiative.
- Support the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
- Coordinate and conduct event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities for the customer's system.
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Perform systems hardening to DoD Standards
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
- Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
- Work with software and hardware vendors
- Cloud platforms
- Required Skills
• 5+ years of related experience.
• 10-15+ years of related systems engineering experience.
• Solaris systems engineering experience
• Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Rackspace
• Experience with private clouds such as VMWare, OpenStack
• Experience with Hadoop
• Experience as a system architect/administrator/operator in a production environment
• Knowledge of IAAS, PAAS and/or SAAS cloud technologies.
• Knowledge of network technologies (MPLS, routing protocols, forwarding), common infrastructure components (IPAM, DNS, DHCP), load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
• Experience with Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
• Experience with hypervisors such as VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, Microsoft Hyper-VSpecific
• Demonstrated ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues.
• Advanced experience with systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
• Experience with the associated hardware, software, and equipment
• Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Must be able to support data collection from a large, complex server and network infrastructure and user base
• Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
• Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
• Must be willing to document work and participate in the customer's change procedures
• Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
• Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
• Scripting skills