- Job Title
- Investment Analyst
- Job ID
- San Clemente, CA
- Other Location
- Orange County
As a registered investment advisor, our client’s organization provides financial and investment counseling/management on a wide range of financial instruments. Through their comprehensive financial planning process, our client’s company advises ultra-high and high net worth families in making wise decisions with their wealth for now and future generations.
As the Investment Analyst, you will be charged with the responsibility of assisting the Portfolio Manager with maintenance of the company’s client portfolio models as determined by their Investment Committee. Portfolio models contain diversified investment products including but not limited to, bonds, stocks, mutual funds, ETFs, hedge funds, private real estate partnerships, business investments, and venture capital funds. A desire for a thorough understanding of our client’s investment universe is necessary.
We’ll rely on you to assist in the research, modeling, analysis, and stress testing of our client’s portfolio strategies. You’ll also be responsible for performing daily monitoring of portfolio positions, apply account specific mandates and cash requirements. You’ll be expected to assist the Portfolio Manager in utilizing various quantitative portfolio management tools to assist with risk modeling, tax loss harvesting, strategic or tactical moves.
- Manage daily processes across trading software, including updating and maintaining client records, investment data, and model portfolios
- Execute client transactions and maintain trading records
- Contribute to the portfolio construction process for existing and new clients and participate in Investment Committee meetings
- Analyze new prospect existing holdings and contribute towards pitch materials
- Prepare for investment portfolio reviews as well as any monthly or quarterly reports for clients as needed
- Work with compliance department on trading records, procedures, and reports
- Create repeatable portfolio management and review processes to include for regular duties
- Reporting – Assist with portfolio reporting as needed, maintain client portals, run cash deposit, distribution, and rebalance reports
- Create and maintain professional presentation materials (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) used by advisors in client meetings and communications
- Create charts and graphs for quarterly publications
- Supporting tax-related needs such as monitoring K1s or tax harvesting needs
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus on Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related position
- MBA, CFA, and/or CAIA received or underway
- High level of curiosity, sense of ownership, accountability and ethical standards
- Excellent analytical skills and research techniques
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) as well as one or more investment databases
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Junxure, Wealthbox, etc..)
- Knowledge of investments, taxation, and estate planning tools and techniques
Our client is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Their benefits include:
- Generous company contributions provided for comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous matching
- Work/Life balance is emphasized to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Collaborative fun environment, healthy snacks, bi-weekly company paid lunches, and team building events
Our client recognizes, respects and values the contributions of each employee, and they strive to cultivate a work environment that strikes an agreeable balance between their professional and personal lives. Their core values guide them to seek out a broad range of perspectives, talent, and backgrounds to achieve their mission; one where all staff contributes to and shares their success.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ACF