Senior Firmware Enigneer - Embedded Control Systems - Consumer Electronics - UK
- Job Title
- Senior Firmware Enigneer - Embedded Control Systems - Consumer Electronics - UK
- Job ID
- Hampshire Country, England, Hampshire
- Other Location
Our client's Equipment Development Group in England is looking for a:to join their software team as the company is looking to expand their product range and innovations.As the control system software lead, the role requires a very close working relationship with electronics developers, mechatronic designers and software engineers. Software project teams will be a mixture of internal and external developers. The individual in this role is required to be a “player manager”, both as an individual contributor as well as managing the project software delivery teams.This job pertains to the design, development, delivery into production and the maintenance of real time embedded firmware for the control of electro-mechanical systems for our client that designs and manufactures food & beverage consumer electronics equipment.
- MANAGEMENT OF DESIGN TEAMS: Lead and coordinate software design teams, including internal and external partners and consultants to ensure complete and timely delivery of proven software solutions.
- SYSTEMS DESIGN: Responsible for conceiving, defining, planning, and implementing embedded real time control system software designs for existing and new beverage equipment (brewers and vending machines). Key contributor and consultant to the Electronics design team for the selection and specification of micro-controller choices. Key contributor and consultant to the mechatronic teams for the specification and design of control mechanisms and water systems.
- DESIGN IMPLEMENTATION: Be a key contributor to the design, development, delivery and maintenance of control software/firmware.
- HARNESS EXTERNAL EXPERTISE: Identify and build relationships with technology and service suppliers to support current and future products or projects.
- DRIVER FOR QUALITY: Apply software testing, verification, and validation tools to ensure best possible quality for the software and the system it controls.
- WORK WITH CROSS DISCIPLINE PROJECT TEAMS: Consult and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team, translating needs into realizable goals, and clearly reporting progress to project managers and key stakeholders as needed.
- TOOL CHAIN MANAGEMENT: Deploy, and maintain appropriate tool chains for software development and software maintenance that enable agile project development.
- EDUCATION: Degree in Computing, Software, Electronics or Physical engineering related subject.
- DESIGN EXPERIENCE: Broad experience designing embedded software control systems that integrate electrical/electronic and mechanical systems. Proven experience in putting control theory into practice. Experience in the control of motors, actuators, and thermal devices including PID and PWM control. Comfortable working at a data sheet level, selecting/specifying microcontrollers and intelligent ICs. Experience of interfacing to a wide and diverse range of devices using industry standard protocols SPI, SCI, IIC, 232, 485. Experience of designing for and managing digital and analogue signals. Knowledge of Renesas and Freescale processors an advantage.
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND TOOLS: Expert level of competence in Embedded Structured ANSI-C / C++. Experience of OOD C++ and C# an advantage. Expert competence in PC based embedded workbench applications including Visual Studio and IAR EW.
- TEAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Knowledge and experience leading project teams, including multidiscipline teams, both at a functional, as well as at a project level, managing internal and external resources.
- Required Skills
- Degree in Computing/Software, Electronics or Physical Engg or related
- 8+ yrs exp in designing embedded sw control systems
- Embedded Structured ANSI-C / C++
- Visual Studio and IAR EW
- EU citizen
Option 1: Create a New Profile