- Job Title
- Pharmacy Technician
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97220
- Other Location
Based in Portland, Oregon, Ardon Health offers specialty pharmacy care with a human touch. We embrace the full health ecosystem —because getting better isn't just about filling a prescription. To foster good health, we connect patients, providers, manufactures, payers and the community with healthy tools and resources.
Ardon offers a unique and modern work environment that blends teamwork, excellence and open communication. Our team members grow and develop skills together while providing a high-quality, well-rounded patient experience.
We are seeking a certified pharmacy technician. The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for dispensing, packing and shipping medication orders and therefore must be efficient and demonstrate attention to detail.
01. Primarily responsible for all dispensing and packing/shipping duties
02. Perform dispensing and shipping functions
a. Print patient specific medication labels and related patient drug information sheets
b. Pick, label and dispense accurate medication for pharmacist final review of Quality Assurance Verification
i. Ensure the correct drug, correct dose and correct patient match both the drug product and the drug label.
ii. Ensure proper cold-chain during production of refrigerated items
c. Ship medication appropriately considering drug manufacturer storage guidelines
d. Accurately complete Federal Express/UPS shipping arrangements for prescription orders
e. Document all correspondence utilizing the pharmacy’s documentation tools
03. Assist with inventory processes as directed
04. Ensure adherence to accreditation standards/objectives
05. Assist with daily and weekly cleaning of pharmacy work space and equipment
06. Conduct daily temperature monitoring
07. Ensure entry of needed data points for reports
08. Be knowledgeable of the pharmacy’s services and able to help educate staff and referral sources
09. Assist elsewhere when possible
10. Maintain active Oregon license. Immediately informs supervisor (and Oregon Board of Pharmacy within 10 days) of any arrests, convictions, suspected or known violations of law, or any other conduct that might affect or has affected license status. Reports to Oregon Board of Pharmacy within 15 days any residence address or employment changes.
11. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be revised from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
12. Comply with the company’s Human Resources policies, Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and all department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company, employee, and customer information; attending work punctually and regularly; and adhering to good safety practices in all activities.
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What is a day at Ardon like? When we aren’t diligently working to change our patients’ lives, we’re planning potlucks, playing foosball, or celebrating this month’s birthdays (cake and balloons required). Each day we come to work excited and enjoy what we do. Our progressive environment embodies the notion that life is meant to be shared and lived well, through hard work, compassion, camaraderie and community.
We work to build trusted relationships and to be a resource that patients can turn to for help. We value this responsibility and take great pride in the opportunity we have to meet the specialty pharmacy needs of our customers. Team Ardon has a passion for providing great service and helping others.
01. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED
02. Must be at least 18 years of age
03. Experience in pharmacy practice or health care setting helpful
04. Possess effective interactive skills with employees, supervisors, referral sources, and consumers
05. Ability to arrive at work on time on a daily basis.
06. Active Oregon Pharmacy Technician or Oregon Certified Pharmacy Technician license required. If Oregon Pharmacy Technician, required to obtain Oregon Certified Pharmacy Technician license within six months of date of hire.
Ardon Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual identification or orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Required Skills
1. High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
2. 6 months to a year work experience in a medical office or pharmacy setting, preferred. Prior work experience in a customer service setting, desired
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications.
5. Ability to multi task and work in a fast pace environment
6. Ability to work independently and as a team.
7. Ability to come in to work on time and on a daily basis.
8. Pharmacy Technician Licensure, preferred.