Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job Title
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst
This position is responsible for software quality assurance efforts to implement the testing of several types of applications, including web-based, desktop, enterprise, and back-office applications in a dynamic and Agile Development lifecycle environment. Develops and implements quality assurance (QA) test plans and test cases, tools, and infrastructure for all application platforms, and ensures that the developed software functionality meets the requirements.
- Participates as an active and core member of the Scrum team to ensure quality is built in to products and services.
- Participates in sprint planning and collaborates with Product Management team to identify requirements.
- Provides input into design, software development, software integration testing, and release of the final product.
- Assists in scope definition and develops accurate level-of-effort estimates for new, remediation, and refactoring work.
- Develops clear and concise testing strategies with robust and comprehensive test plans to verify product functionality, works on multiple and complex technical projects simultaneously, and works with management on software quality issues effecting product development and launch.
- Provides direction and mentoring to engineers, analysts, product management and business leaders as it relates to the quality of software delivery.
- Develops and documents test plans and cases based on software requirements and technical specifications and appropriately prioritizes testing tasks and test cases.
- Performs black box testing against multiple browsers and platforms including mobile applications.
- Performs white box testing, as needed, including testing of web services and data paths.
- Performs integration testing to ensure end-to-end scenarios meet overall business requirements.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to execute exploratory testing.
- Identifies and communicates risks proactively.
- Supports change control and ensures all processes are compliant.
- Documents accurately and clearly all actual results compared to expected results.
- Identifies, documents, and retests defects.
- Provides metrics and status reporting as necessary.
- Works with the customer support group, as needed, to help perform root cause analysis of issues found in the production environment.
- Configures test environments to ensure broad testing coverage.
- Performs weekly and on-demand software testing cycles during business hours and off-hours to multiple environments and communicates results to management and project stakeholders.
- Participates in automation, load and performance testing projects.
- Provides input to continual improvement and team building activities.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience) is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of software testing experience is required.
- Comfortable in an Agile Development environment that requires the ability to adapt to change and motivate others to achieve excellence in a dynamic environment and will bring exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Experience in a variety of testing types including system and integration, usability, boundary, security, data validation and regression.
- Possesses the aptitude to accept complex assignments, analyze problems, and generate effective solutions.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of quality assurance testing to the completion of difficult assignments.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment and prioritize workload and deliverables within schedule constraints to deliver results.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, and maintains positive and effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Has a customer service attitude.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of computer systems, hardware, and software operations and principles.
- Detail orientation with good organizational skills.
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft Test Manager.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.