Payroll Compliance Coordinator
- Job Title
- Payroll Compliance Coordinator
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
What would you consider the job of your dreams?
One with a competitive salary? Excellent benefits? Room for growth? Job security?
How about the chance to work for an award-winning company while making a difference for hundreds of small businesses?
Insperity offers all of these, and we’re looking for talented people like you!
Insperity is a nationwide, financially sound company that is steadily growing. We just opened several positions due to this growth, including this one! If you haven’t heard of Insperity, please Google us! We handle all of the human resource functions, as well as various business services, for 100,000+ companies, and are constantly winning awards like “Best Company to Work For” across the nation!
Looking for some GREAT benefits? How does this sound? 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, tuition reimbursement and 100% matched 401k. Sound good? Keep reading!
PAYROLL COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR
This position is responsible for using reliable and appropriate resources to facilitate the timely processing of a variety of compliance items associated with Payroll COE responsibility. This includes federal, state and local minimum wage data research, worksite employee medical contributions, SBEA requirements and any other necessary compliance and administrative tasks.
Under moderate supervision and little decision-making:
- Uses reliable and appropriate resources, facilitates the timely research of federal, state and local minimum wage data (current and future) to support client compliance; partners with Legal to certify accuracy of data obtained from minimum wage resource(s).
- Maintains the integrity of the Minimum Wage database to ensure compliance with applicable regulations/effective dates and accuracy of related reporting.
- Drafts internal and external communications related to minimum wage compliance topics.
- Facilitates the timely collection, input and balancing of prior wage/tax data and deductions for new client worksite employees.
- Ensures the timely collection and processing of IRS Form 8973 from all clients to support Small Business Efficiency Act regulations.
- Conducts appropriate analysis to calculate and input accurate amounts of Retroactive Benefit deductions for worksite employees.
- Manages assigned team mailbox(es) ensuring quick turnaround times when responding to internal and external client inquiries.
- Processes necessary reporting to provide metrics to management, ensure efficiency of process, etc.
- Provides positive, responsive service when communicating with payroll teams and other constituents to ensure timely issue resolution and high customer satisfaction.
- Ensures timelines and deadlines are met and keeps management informed of the possibility of any backlog or delays.
- Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Interacts with and maintains a productive working relationship with internal customers, including payroll specialists and company service providers.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two to four years of experience in a payroll administrative support role or job related field.
- Data entry experience is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel at intermediate to advanced level and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
- Ability to conduct successful online research and validate data collected.
- Familiar with regulations and resources regarding the accurate treatment of federal, state and local payroll laws, including minimum wage.
- High attention to detail and methodology for confirming accuracy in all tasks;
- Communicates clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Strong customer service skills within a service-oriented team environment through effective, professional and timely communication to clients and team members.
- Project management skills and ability to multitask in an efficient and timely manner.
- Effective and efficient problem solving.
- Principles, practices and procedures of general business including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment, clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.