- Job Title
- Communications Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
This position is responsible for producing and maintaining impactful communications associated with Retirement Services products and retirement planning topics. Collaborates with specific business units to create understandable yet technical communications for internal and external audiences across diverse platforms. Develops strong relationships with key individuals throughout the organization to accomplish initiatives, leveraging strengths and resources of multiple areas to accomplish common objectives.
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Develops and executes communications plans to support department, corporate, sales and participant engagement initiatives and strategies within project deadlines.
- Develops strong relationships with corporate communications contacts to ensure the timely completion and delivery of all communications.
- Tracks and reports results of communication initiatives to management.
- Writes, edits and proofreads clear and effective client and participant communications.
- Updates and maintains online content across multiple sites and existing literature, presentations and documents for Retirement Services to ensure integrity, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Handles ad hoc assignments, such as writing articles or press releases, assisting with presentations or sourcing and acquiring event materials.
- Assists with Requests for Proposals and coordinates responses to industry surveys.
- Facilitates planning and strategy meetings with business units to ensure prompt communication of new or changing product offerings.
- Acts as a resource for team members and other departments.
- Ensures consistent brand messaging through close attention to corporate advertising and branding developments, with particular attention to the integration of brand identity style guide standards.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or English is required.
- Three to five years of experience in all aspects of developing and implementing marketing strategies, preferably in retirement plans or financial fields, is required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Expertise in creative development and execution along with solid industry knowledge.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and strict attention to detail. Ability to articulate in a clear, concise, and pleasant manner and present technical information in an easy-to-understand format. Competent in correct English usage, grammar, spelling punctuation and arithmetic.
- Solid understanding of various types of defined contribution retirement plans and investment vehicles, particularly mutual funds.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and execution of communications.
- Ability to understand and translate business needs of the various Retirement Services units into creative effective marketing/sales strategies in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with internal teams, as well as corporate marketing groups and outside suppliers.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize projects and work effectively in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to drive a project to completion, coordinating activities and resolving issues to ensure the timely and accurate production of marketing materials and communications.
- Ability to work within established standards, formats, branding, and continuity and accuracy of design.
- Comfortable giving formal presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Adobe.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.