Human Resource Specialist (Business Team)
- Job Title
- Human Resource Specialist (Business Team)
- Job ID
- St. Louis, MO 63141
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (BUSINESS TEAM)
Responsible for creating a “WOW” experience when leading interactions with external and internal customers by consistently exceeding expectations. Under limited supervision, with independent judgment and decision-making, incumbent quickly assesses and identifies resources to address client inquiries while retaining ownership for the delivery of customized PEO human resource service solutions. Provides value that positively impacts our clients’ businesses that results in retention and growth. Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensures client’s policies and procedures are in compliance. Facilitates account review meetings with team members, and based on outcome, coordinates service delivery and/or action plans. Troubleshoots situations, educates clients, develops partnerships with stakeholders, and solicits referrals
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Aligns PEO services with identified client needs through an understanding of business plans and small business operations from an owner’s perspective.
- Starts with a conceptual idea or vision and then develops systems, processes and plans that are executable, realistic and results-oriented.
- Uses knowledge from various human resource disciplines to help identify their application and impact on client’s business.
- Leads and coaches internal and external constituents through a planning process, new client transition process or team meeting.
- Uses appropriate methods of emotional intelligence to effectively manage behavior in a variety of business circumstances including interactions with business owners.
- Consults with clients, provides guidance and facilitates liability management training and service focusing on liability management; including performance management review, referrals to internal support groups, employee counseling, policy development and administration, terminations, reduction in force/layoff, securing internal legal input as required to help minimize liability.
- Consults and proactively follows up/reviews with clients to develop, implement and monitor human resource performance management items.
- Implements programs to enhance productivity and reduce liability through improved communications and identifies best HR practices for client. These include, but are not limited to, handbooks, job descriptions, performance management programs, compensation plans, hiring processes, employee counseling and terminations.
- Participates in internal meetings and makes formal presentations in a clear, concise and logical sequence at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Participates in prospect meetings with sales and service team members by phone, or in person as needed to provide insight of potential benefit to prospective client.
- Develops, facilitates and manages client business strategy commitments and maintains relationship with clients.
- Owns resolution of assigned issues, identifies opportunities to strategically engage clients, and provides sound guidance in each interaction ensuring high client utilization of human resource services.
- Coordinates development and delivery of service strategy plans for assigned client base. Monitors execution to achieve agreed upon deliverables within agreed timeframe. Service strategy plans are a critical element of increasing client engagement, client satisfaction and client retention.
- Assumes back up support role for other service functions within the team as assigned.
- Uses knowledge of Company departments, products, services and resources to analyze, recommend and deliver timely service solutions and to exercise judgment in planning, executing and accomplishing goals.
- Partners with various departments and business units regarding technical or complex issues encountered by the client.
- Educates and encourages client usage of technical applications. Educates team members on technical applications used by the Company as needed.
- Uses company client management systems and databases to capture client requests and interactions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have a combination of three to five years minimum Business Operations experience and five years minimum Human Resource generalist experience with emphasis on employee relations preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR®) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®) certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Working knowledge of business drivers for small businesses.
- Multi tasking and handling priorities.
- Customer service experience in a team environment.
- Interaction with multiple internal and external business units.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective problem solving/decision making.
- Presentation skills: proficient in design and delivery.
- Project management skills: high level of experience and proficiency in managing multiple projects.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
- Ability to solicit referrals from clients.
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the #1 quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.