If you want to add your background to our database without applying to a job, please click Create Profile.
Contract - Production Supervisor 3-6 months
- Job Title
- Contract - Production Supervisor 3-6 months
- Job ID
Production Supervisor- Contract Assignment
Focal Point: Chicago, IL
Our client, Focal Point, is a family owned lighting manufacturer that prides itself on delivering exceptional products and services to those who specify and install their luminaires.
The Production Supervisor of Paint Operations is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and supervision to a production team and will serve as the link to plant management for the department.
- Plans and directs the activities of all human and physical resources of the assigned department to achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, and Morale goals.
- Oversees work order management, material flow, and material handling to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment, by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors.
- Develops and implements safety procedures and collaborates with the Safety Manager and team to achieve departmental and plant safety goals.
- Identifies, develops and implements safety, quality, and productivity best practices across the department.
- Leads problem-solving activities and Corrective Actions (from customer complaints, ISO audits, validation, and verification activities) as required.
- Ensures equipment upkeep by coordinating required maintenance activities with key team members and drives adherence and improvements to preventative-maintenance schedules.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience managing and developing a diverse group of workers into a motivated self-improvement based workforce.
- 2-year degree in an engineering, operations, business or related field desired, 4-year degree preferred.
- Experience leading and managing groups of 25 or more employees.
- Working knowledge of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques.
- Experience with ISO 9000 / 14001 or other Quality programs.
- Lean certification or experience working in and applying lean principles in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to analyze data and processes to determine optimal procedures to be followed with a goal of obtaining the highest level of quality and productivity.
- Proficient with the use of computer-based tools – ERP (JD Edwards preferred), MS Office Suite
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is strongly preferred