BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Web Developer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
Required Education: B.A., B.S. in Computer Science or related field or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing web solutions.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in web design, web architecture, web development, interface design, or software design.
- Develops technical architecture of internet web sites including scripting and user interface design.
- Refreshes internet web site content to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and images.
- Develops modifications or enhancements to existing internet web programs.
- Work closely with Human Development (HD) stakeholders to interpret and translate business and functional requirements into strong design and implementation plans.
- Design user interfaces for HD and NGC websites and web-based applications including; visual look and feel, graphics, styles, navigation and layout.
- Apply industry best practices and web design standards in conjunction with project requirements.
- Manage time effectively to accurately scope projects and ensure that project schedules are accurate and well communicated with College stakeholders.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative and strategically sound visual concepts and architecture.
- Provides general technical support and troubleshooting.
- In-depth experience developing web-based applications.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Experience with SharePoint 2013.
- Experience managing domain names and DNS configurations.
- Competency with Windows and Linux servers.
- Web User Experience Design, Web Development (SharePoint) or Database Administration work roles knowledge.
- Experience with designing and developing complex web sites consisting of multiple levels and accesses and integration of other applications.
- Expert understanding of Web standards and protocols (HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, RSS).
- Experience working in both Windows and UNIX environments.
- Familiar with relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external to HD and the NGA College), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership of projects.
- Strong commitment to quality through work products and documentation of activities/processes/procedures.
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas in a timely manner.
- Experience with PKI (OpenSSL client/server certificate and key creation/registration – Apache SSL web server configuration), Adobe Acrobat Professional, FTP, SFTP, SMTP, DHCP, LDAP, Visual Basic, C++, JSP, JavaBeans, J2EE, BEA WebLogic, WebMethods, XAMPP.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Node.js, SQL, Angular.js, REST, ColdFusion, JAVA, Perl, PL/SQL, and VBScript.
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of NGA and the Intelligence Community.
- Ability to determine and work flow process and information flow maps using tools such as MS Visio.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills