BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Instructional Systems Designer
- Job Title
- Instructional Systems Designer
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
2 Roles: Curriculum Management and/or Learning Development
Required Security Clearance: TS, we will sponsor for SCI (must be able to be eligible for a CI poly, we will start the process)
Required Education: B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Curriculum Management, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions.
Required Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies.
- Provides expertise in curriculum management and adult learning practices and methods to enhance and revise instructional curriculum for instructor led, web based, performance-support, or any blend of these delivery methods.
- Possesses high attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and eLearning authoring software.
- Has experience in research and identification of high quality learning solutions within academic, industry, and government organizations which can be leveraged to address organizational learning needs.
- Experience in curriculum management and course maintenance
- Experience in the performance of all aspects of instructional design for classroom and e-Learning environments to include management of client deliverables within scheduling requirements against defined milestones and deadlines.
- Experience in adult learning theory and student-centered pedagogy
- Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and individual research/collaboration with course/content stakeholders.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work with senior leadership
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, implement maintain instructional materials and solutions following defined processes to include structured courseware, job aids, and informal learning content.
- Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing information to determine learning requirements and implementing learning solutions.
- Demonstrated experience authoring and editing of web and computer-based training materials using Articulate Storyline software.
- Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply to the design of web-based training.
- Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards, to include SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web usability standards and practices, and evaluation models to include Kirkpatrick.
- Familiar with LMS specifically Blackboard
- Experience in developing student centric products to include Performance Support solutions
- Ability to develop and maintain content to be hosted on learning management systems (Blackboard) or content management systems (SharePoint) as required.
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA.
- Attained industry learning related certifications such as ASTD CPLP, Kirkpatrick, Blackboard, and Articulate Storyline.
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to faculty as they begin to leverage instructional technologies within curriculum.
- Understanding and/or familiarity with the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards and policies.
- Experience in developing and maintaining eLearning educational products using Articulate Storyline software tools.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills