- Job Title
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44120
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Project Architect
Our Client's Location: Cleveland, OH
Duties and Responsibilities:
To participate as a project team member in pre-design, programming, design, construction documentation, and construction administration tasks within general parameters set by the project architect or project manager, and to supervise and mentor other architectural project team members assuring delegated tasks are successfully performed.
- Develops design and technical solutions under general direction of Project Architect on larger complex projects or may function as Project Architect on small- and medium-size projects.
- Assists in project management tasks such as developing project scope, work plans, schedules, staffing needs, monitoring work progress, and managing requests for scope changes. May serve as Project Manager on smaller projects.
- Ensures effective communication of project requirements, established presentation and quality control procedures to team members, and coordinates meetings and communications with Project Manager, other disciplines and outside consultants regarding project issues and/or technical coordination in project development.
- Ensures technical appropriateness and constructability of all documents and presentations, and provides technical expertise and guidance to project team including reviewing design concepts and recommending modifications or variations to simplify design and/or further develop typical design elements.
- Produces construction documents under general direction of Department Head.
- Assists in data collection, documentation, and analysis for programming and existing facilities assessment.
- Writes outline specifications for design development and technical specifications for construction documents, and coordinates, reviews and red-lines technical specifications prepared by other disciplines and outside consultants in accordance with building code requirements and conformance to design intent.
- Researches all applicable building codes, performs required calculations and documents the means of complying with code requirements for the project. Coordinates with government regulatory agencies.
- Challenges design and details of other disciplines.
- Coordinates the preparation of construction cost estimates and reviews all assumptions regarding costs.
- Reviews shop drawings and supervises others in review of shop drawings.
- Manages bid process and construction administration. Serves as primary contact to contractor’s for information requests and coordinates responses from all disciplines and consultants.
- Ensures that drawings are prepared in accordance with company standards.
- Directs the efforts of interns, drafters, and other architects through mentoring, red marking documents, direct supervision and performance appraisals.
- Coordinates architectural work with other discipline’s work.
- Assists in administrative tasks as required.
- Maintains project files in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Assesses, solves and documents issues during construction.
- Maintains continuous professional development in progressively responsible duties and contributions to design team under the direction of Department Head.
- Maintains a professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and client information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have experience in Retail and Apartments
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree
- 5+ years of experience
- Developed knowledge of design and architectural design trends and applications, engineering and construction documentation.
- Developed project management skills with an ability to establish time lines and schedules. Detail oriented; organized.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities; strong supervisory skills.
- Team building skills; organizational and staff development skills.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Ability to communicate 3-dimensional site conditions and requirements in a 2-dimensional format.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in math or diagram form and deal with several variables.
- College level mathematical skills; ability to rapidly and accurately use a calculator and approximate calculations mentally.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, write reports, proposals and business correspondence.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with an ability to communicate with all levels.
- Effective interpersonal skills; ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Computer skills; spreadsheet software capabilities. Proficient in AutoCADD, scheduling programs, Microsoft Office applications.