Chief Development Director
- Job Title
- Chief Development Director
- Job ID
- CULVER CITY, CA 90230-8800
- Other Location
Our client was formed by a group of parents and community activists who sought to establish a day training program as an alternative to institutional care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Over the years, their services have expanded to meet the needs of their target population, by developing and implementing early intervention programs for infants and toddlers, and residential, work and day programs for adults. In 2008, they added a K‐12 school and a comprehensive Mental Health Program to their services. Now, they support approximately 4,000 children, adults, and their families at 15 service sites, in clients’ homes, and in community settings throughout L.A. County.
In partnership with the President and CEO, the Chief Fundraising Officer will provide leadership, planning and implementation of strategies to meet fundraising goals and external relations needs of the organization with businesses, families, individuals and donors. You will be a member of the Executive Management Team, working collaboratively with the executive officers on organizational budgets and operations, strategic planning and policy development. This position also works closely with board members as it relates to fundraising and board recruitment and training.
As the Chief Fundraising Officer, our client will rely on you to develop and implement annual and long-term fundraising and external relations strategies and goals, including development and oversight of all related budgets, as well as overseeing fundraising initiatives according to the annual budget. Your other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to include the following:
- Manage donor relations activities including each element of the gift process: identification of prospective donors, engagement of prospects and existing donors, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities. Give time and attention to each donor ensuring meaningful development of long-term relationships and annual fundraising, including annual in-kind and planned giving donations.
- Manage external relations to identify, diversify, build and maintain relationships with community and surrounding cities organizations and leaders to secure a range of support and partnerships.
- Manage solicitations with board members, donors, school parents/families and sponsors, and providing outcome reports. Lead cultivation and stewardship activities for existing and new/potential private philanthropy funders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Relations or related fields.
- 5 years senior-level management experience, including raising over $1 million annually from private philanthropy including individual donor engagement and solicitation.
- Ability to develop and execute short and long-term strategic plans; ability to develop and maintain external relations with a wide range of community stakeholders and partners, e.g. donors, funders, client families, advocacy and other service organizations, elected officials and business partners.
- Proficiency in software applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Razors Edge.
- Valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, evidence of car insurance, and insurable driving record.
- Pass a DOJ background investigation.
- Provide evidence of a negative TB test initially and every 3 years thereafter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.