Environmental Project Manager
- Job Title
- Environmental Project Manager
- Job ID
- Fairbanks, AK
- Other Location
Project Manager - Environmental
Our client is a nationwide consulting firm, which provides comprehensive environmental consulting services and data management solutions to federal, state, and local government agencies. Areas of technical practice are focused on environmental planning and compliance, remediation, natural and water resources, and environmental data management Our client enjoys a distinguished reputation for client responsiveness and creative problem solving to help make their clients' operations more efficient and sustainable. They look to hire and develop team players who demonstrate individual initiative and embrace new challenges and learning opportunities.
Much of the growing backlog is for the Department of Defense and other federal agencies located throughout Alaska primarily for site remediation and environmental compliance. Our client's plan is to expand the client base and their capabilities in this region has created exciting career opportunities for qualified professionals with environmental consulting and site remediation experience. They are seeking a Project Manager with 6 to 10+ years of professional experience managing environmental restoration projects—preferably for the Department of Defense, United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) or other federal and state government agencies. Prospective candidates must have experience managing projects requiring complex logistical planning for remediation and demolition operations preferably in remote areas of Alaska. The successful candidate must be able to:
· Develop and implement technical scopes of work
· Conduct presentations to clients and regulators on technical approaches and project findings
· Prepare accurate cost estimates with defensible assumptions and competitive bids
· Prepare subcontractor bid packages and evaluate planning and scheduling options for long-term projects with multiple, simultaneous tasks.
The candidate must be familiar with CERCLA, RCRA, and State of Alaska cleanup regulations and ADEC guidance documents and have a proven track record for successfully completing remediation projects within budget and on a firm schedule. Established relationships and experience working with ADEC and USEPA region X regulators preferred.
Education and Experience:
· An advanced degree in engineering or environmental sciences or related scientific degree with professional licensure (PE, CPG, etc.) is preferred, however verifiable experience with quality references would also be considered.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience managing environmental investigation, remediation or restoration projects for federal or state government agencies. Project references demonstrating track record of successful project execution should be provided with resume.
· Working knowledge of state and federal regulations and coordination with project stakeholders.
Abilities and Skills:
· Strong understanding of CERCLA, RCRA, and State of Alaska regulations for contaminated sites.
· Proficient in project management and cost estimating software applications.
· Excellent writing skills a must with ability to communicate complex issues and propose solutions in a clear and effective manner.
· Provide quality control oversight and guidance to project office and field staff.
Our client offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package with a starting annual salary based upon the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. They offer a comprehensive benefits package including participation in a matching 401(k) Savings Plan along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage and a tuition reimbursement program. They provide excellent opportunities for long-term career growth and future skills development, as a member of their Alaska-based team.