Sr. SaaS Engineer – Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Title
- Sr. SaaS Engineer – Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- Other Location
Sr. SaaS Engineer – Ann Arbor, MI
About the Position: As a Senior Support Engineer, your primary role is to act as a resource to support company technical initiatives as well as a mentor to junior staff. Being a global cloud company, has a diverse product offering and leverages technologies from dozens of vendors. We do it, so our customers don’t have to. The more we automate, the more we optimize, the better an experience we deliver to our customers and prospects. Providing constructive feedback and outside the box thinking is highly encouraged. Find a better way to do things? Implement it! Discover a technology that can provide more value at less operational cost? Pitch it!
This role is designed for someone with a wide breadth of technical knowledge. We’re seeking a resource that can self-manage complex tasks with appropriate direction. Consider this role a bridge between Product Management, Engineering and Sales Architecture. Technical implementation of new products and targeted improvements of existing products is a major requirement. Working closely with Product Management to discuss technical feasibility is a daily task. Serving as an escalation path for Tier 1 & 2 support levels is a daily task. Knowledge is power, the ideal candidate will consider documentation a major part of their job. (TL;DR Mentor, train document and build!)
This specific role initially, and ideally, would be filled by a candidate with an understanding of PostgreSQL,
HA Proxy and Nginx.
PostgreSQL migration experience, optimizing and clustering are a big plus, but not a hard requirement. Working knowledge with Ansible and Terraform is also a significant advantage.
We deal with a lot of technology, but that shouldn’t dissuade you from applying.
Are you a Public Cloud expert? We need that.
Have you DevOpsed your toaster? That too.
Are you a master of APIs, Agile practices, virtualization or speak fluent Ansible/Terraform/Go/Python?
What We Need
- A team player.
- Communicate exceptionally, always. Customer facing skills go a long way, internal skills go even further.
- Be able to relate with our customers’ struggles, find solutions.
- Translate Product, Engineering and Sales needs to working solutions.
- Have an automate-first, API-first, and cloud-first mentality.
- A master of documentation (unless you want to support that technology forever).
What We Want
- Automation expert: several years practical experience: build, deploy, lifecycle support, testing, monitoring
- A PostgreSQL semi-pro: migration, optimizing, clustering.
- Familiarity with Java build lifecycle management (Maven, Ant, Artifactory).
- Experience with HA Proxy and Nginx
- Programming experience: Python, Go, Shell
- Linux expert: 5+ years practical experience
- Experience with Time Series databases, monitoring
- Willingness to travel: 5-10% nationally and internationally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. lawful permanent residency required
Send resumes to: email@example.com.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.
- Required Skills