Human Resources Manager
- Job Title
- Human Resources Manager
- Job ID
- CULVER CITY, CA 90230-8800
- Other Location
Our client was formed by a group of parents and community activists who sought to establish a day training program as an alternative to institutional care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Over the years, their services have expanded to meet the needs of their target population, by developing and implementing early intervention programs for infants and toddlers, and residential, work and day programs for adults. In 2008, they added a K‐12 school and a comprehensive Mental Health Program to their services. Now, they support approximately 4,000 children, adults, and their families at 15 service sites, in clients’ homes, and in community settings throughout L.A. County.
Human Resources (HR) Manager
As the Human Resources (HR) Manager, you will originate and lead HR practices and objectives to support an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, standards and goal attainment. Our client will rely on you to develop processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals, coordinate the implementation of people-related services, policies and programs through HR staff and lead a high performing HR team that supports the organization and aligns with company goals and practices.
- Ensure planning, monitoring and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees and HR team; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Lead Recruiter and Managers to maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic salary surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; and recommending, planning and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Support employee benefits programs through education of PEO benefit resources. Educate employees during open enrollment on benefit program updates and changes.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years HR Management experience with responsibility for at least 2 of the functional areas (Recruitment, Benefits, Training, Leave of Absence/Worker’s Compensation). 2+ years supervisory experience leading a team of HR professionals. Current SHRM-CP certification, or willingness to acquire certification in the first 6-months. Experience working with a PEO preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertinent to the HR function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train or make presentations to large group.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Valid California driver’s license, reliable transportation, evidence of car insurance, and insurable driving record.
- Pass a DOJ background investigation.
- Provide evidence of a negative TB test initially and every 3 years thereafter.
- Employee will regularly travel to program sites located throughout Los Angeles County.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.