Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Job Title
- Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
- Job ID
- Waltham, MA 02453
- Other Location
CreativeK12 is an online startup tutoring platform, aiming towards underserved communities, including international students. The platform focuses on providing multilanguage blended-learning programs.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at CreativeK12 to oversee all marketing operations of the company and develop its marketing strategy and vision. You will be in charge of a team of enthusiastic marketing professionals and will direct our marketing efforts towards great success.
An excellent CMO is passionate for their profession and have great knowledge for all things marketing. They can balance a practical mindset with a creative business acumen and lead people through complex marketing operations.
The goal is to ensure the company’s marketing efforts are successful in helping it outperform competition.
- “Listen” to the trends of the market and direct the market research efforts of the company
- Liaise with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer service, distribution etc. that meets market demands
- Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
- Develop a feasible marketing plan for the department and oversee its day-to-day implementation
- Plan and organize marketing functions and operations (product development, branding, communications etc.), and ensure they project the company’s unique “voice”
- Design and coordinate promotional campaigns, PR and other marketing efforts across channels (digital, press etc.)
- Build a highly efficient team of marketing professionals
- Create a solid network of strategic partnerships
- Ability to think out of the box
- Passionate in education
- Has global experience and wants to contribute to the communities that we serve
- Ability to improve the online platform to make it more effective by closely working with CTO to attract more users
- Proven experience as chief marketing officer or similar role
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Understanding of different business disciplines (IT, finance etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. CRM)
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in business administration, marketing, communications or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
Develops products by identifying customer needs and unspoken needs; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Product Manager Job Duties:
- Polishes current products to make them more user-friendly and attractive.
- Be the heart of new product development and create processes to leverage resources across departments in order to attract more users.
- Heavily involves with marketing.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy