Data Warehouse Developer
- Job Title
- Data Warehouse Developer
- Job ID
- Kingston, ON
- Other Location
Data Warehouse Developer
Our Kingston, Ontario based client has been at the forefront of the insurance industry for the past 100 years, and is leading the way in digital innovation for the industry. We have partnered with them to assist in their search for a Data Warehouse Developer. The developer will be tasked with the design & development of Logical Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence solutions that support business objectives and the enterprise’s desire to become more data-driven.
- Develop an understanding of enterprise and Business Unit near, medium, and long term data and business intelligence needs
- Contribute to the definition of planning and solution development methodologies required to deliver logical data warehousing to support business intelligence capabilities
- Contribute to the design of target architectures to meet the long term data and information needs of the enterprise
- Contribute to the selection and implementation of logical data warehousing technologies required to support the achievement of the target logical data warehouse architecture
- Design, develop, and test moderately complex to complex ETL processes sourcing data from a variety of internal and external systems
- Work closely with the Information Relationship Managers to understand business unit requirements, and assist in their documentation
- Support or lead activities relating to end user training, production implementation, transfer of responsibilities to operations, and on-going support of the business intelligence components and solutions
- 3+ years of experience with data solutions. This includes databases, data warehousing, data modeling, and data analysis.
- Hands on ETL scripting experience.
- Strong knowledge of database concepts and the ability to write SQL and understand entity relationship diagrams.
- Hands on experience with data profiling and data integration tools (e.g. Informatica Data Quality, Data Cleaner, Pentaho Data Integration, Informatica PowerCenter, etc.
- Strong cross-functional experience. Ability to collaborate with many internal stakeholders concurrently.
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Visual Basic, Python and Java are an asset.
- Database Development Experience an asset.
How to Apply?
All qualified and interested applicants can apply directly to Paul Thibeault by sending an email with attached resume to email@example.com. You may also apply directly on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.