Option 1: Create a New Profile
Manager, Social Media and Content
- Job Title
- Manager, Social Media and Content
- Job ID
- Houston, TX
- Other Location
Manager, Social Media and Content
Who we are
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,100 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
Who are we looking for today?
The Partnership is looking for a creative, content curator, social media and content architect to add to their award winning Marketing and Communications team of professionals.
What you will do:
The Manager of Social Media and Content are responsible for ensuring that the organization’s external digital channels enhance the positioning of Houston’s and the organization’s brands through thoughtful content creation and expert channel management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate across divisions to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to support the work of the Economic Development, Membership and other Partnership departments’ plans and goals.
- Write, produce and create various pieces of content including articles, blog posts, social media posts, videos, emails, newsletters, etc.
- Support editorial content of various Greater Houston Partnership publications and materials.
- Interview external and internal subject matter experts to create content.
- Contribute story ideas and content to editorial calendar in support of stated strategies; ensure alignment of message and the ability to execute in a timely fashion.
- Operate with a brand publisher mindset: create the content our audiences are looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion or engagement.
- Assist with the measurement and optimization of the program.
- Assist with the development and execution of digital channel management strategy for all digital content hubs including Houston.org and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Collaborate with broader Marcom team to develop strategies and tactics for effective utilization of digital channels to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining and understanding the light technical side of website design, development and maintenance.
- Manage Social Media marketing and communications campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Create, and manage all published content (images, video and written) through social media tools.
- Create and maintain daily and monthly editorial calendar for social media activity.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users while cultivating leads and sales.
- Oversee digital design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog) personally or in conjunction with graphic designers
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns in conjunction with broader Marcom team.
- Monitor all posts (positive and negative) and report posts of any significance to leadership.
- Analyze digital campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of digital campaigns.
- Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Based on supporting analyses and industry best practices, explore and recommend new channels for consideration along with improvements to be made to existing channels.
- Work with confidential matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Proven editorial writing skills. Outstanding command of the English language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist with a “nose” for the story is a plus though agency or corporate communications experience with a focus on content creation and writing is also valued. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- Ability to deliver a clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines.
- Experience operating a video camera and video editing software to produce brief, compelling video content for social media is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with photography.
- Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (Sprout, HootSuite etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- Energetic and passionate about Houston.
- An aptitude for selling ideas.
- Proven track record which demonstrates public relations and business-to-business marketing skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Preference for working with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize simultaneous assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact.
- Professional appearance
- Collaborative both internally and externally; works with others to achieve common goals.
- Nimble/Flexible to work some overtime and/or work on additional projects, as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
3-5 years’ experience in journalism, digital communications, corporate communications and/or multimedia content creation; Agency experience a plus.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
- Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
Adhere to the office safety policies and procedures.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We also offer an extensive benefits package including paid garage parking, generous paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.