Software Solutions Architect
- Job Title
- Software Solutions Architect
- Job ID
- Toronto, ON M2P 2E9
- Other Location
Working under the broad supervision of the Director, Digital Platform, the Solution Architect is responsible for identifying, solutioning, architecting, and communicating technical challenges and requirements in support of the development of strategic business systems and assets. As part of a dynamic and Agile digital development team, the Solution Architect will assist in setting up the foundation for teams to build upon, and be responsible for the architecture to support the company's digital initiatives by leveraging your strong technical acumen, communication and people skills.
- Design and Architecture:
- Builds and maintains detailed solution architecture diagrams, identifying key components, services and systems in support of project work teams.
- Examines existing services and determines new opportunities to provide shared services across multiple lines of business, reducing time to market and promoting re-use.
- Ensures accordance with architecture industry best practices, regulatory requirements, and security standards to ensure safe, reliable, performant, and cost effective solutions.
- Evaluates and contributes to business process design as it relates to solution architecture and web services, identifies new service opportunities and leverages existing services where available.
- Documents solutions, strategies, recommendations and key metrics associated with the digital program.
- Research, analyze and demonstrate proof of concept (PoC) of technical solutions, practices and technologies.
- Presents new and emerging capabilities in the architecture space to Management and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Innovation and Support:
- Comfortable investigating and using technologies, tools and platforms not previously known.
- Develops strong working relationships with key business stakeholders in support of company strategic objectives. Liaises with IT teams, Business Units to build comprehensive solution designs for both Retail and Group lines of business.
- Provides direct leadership and direction to internal IT development teams and work team leads - including the API Lead role and individual developers.
- Provides leadership and direction to complex long-term projects undertaken by business units leveraging digital assets. Provides guidance for the implementation of integrations and architecture to business priorities and strategies. Ensures consistent application of solutions architecture across work teams and for both internal and external users.
- Collaborates with vendors and internal stakeholders to help manage contract details to support the contract negotiation process and cost optimization.
- Provides training and information sessions to the development teams (Kingston and Toronto), and recommends training solutions along with Managers.
- Presents ideas and issues to different levels within and outside of the organization, to include; executive leadership, customers, auditors, governance committees, etc.
Skills / Knowledge / Education
- University education in Computing or equivalent educational and professional experience.
- 5+ years of IT architecture and solution integration experience
- 2+ years experience architecting solutions on cloud hosting providers, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS.
- 3+ years of experience developing and integrating RESTful APIs and building complex systems using microservices, OpenAPI specifications and web messaging protocols such as SOAP, REST and RPC.
- Prior experience using API management solutions such as Apigee an asset.
- Strong understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Understanding and experience with an agile based environment, DevOps, CI/CD, Git, containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of SSO with OAuth 2.0 and SAML, message patterns and event driven architecture.
- Experience migrating legacy systems to a microservices based environments.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills along with strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence and lead. Proven ability to build strong relationships with Senior Leadership, IT staff and peers. Collaborates with business stakeholders and Vendors to evolve and facilitate solution architecture and improved processes.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision. Demonstrates strong organization skills and time management. Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Must be process driven, detail oriented and organized in both thought and practice. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead technical resources both within the company and at third party vendors.
*** Interested parties should apply directly to email@example.com ***
- Design and Architecture: