- Job Title
- Senior Superintendent
- Job ID
- Rockville, MD 20852
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Senior Superintendent
Our Client's Location: Rockville, MD
Our Client's Company Profile: Our client is the largest regional commercial construction company in the country and aims to redefine the entire construction experience for their clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Superintendent provides overall leadership for on-site field administration, supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foreman, subcontractors, and other construction related personnel. Directing them in planning, coordination and execution of work on time, within budget, while maintaining a safe work place, enhancing client relationships and promoting the company image.
- Assist Estimating and Project Management to develop an initial project schedule and communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Implement, maintain, and enforce a site-specific project safety orientation program in accordance with all of our client's Safety Standard Policies and Processes, local, state, and federal laws to include all subcontractors and employees.
- Team with our client's project management to lead group for duration of project.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and enforce, in conjunction with the project management team, a quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Interface with owners and design team on construction issues through established procedures.
- Participate with the project management team in issuance of monthly project status reports, monthly payment applications, anticipated cost reports, and other financial cost reports.
- Develop general conditions budget in coordination with the project management team, and through labor cost reporting manage and control the budget.
- Perform, monitor and document all jobsite control reporting measures including daily reports, payroll, quality reporting, accident and incident reports, and timesheets.
- Review and provide feedback on all purchase orders and subcontractor contracts including review and knowledge of scope of work.
- Perform a qualitative review of all contract documents for potential conflicts or interpretation issues to mitigate risk.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, working with project team to manage material deliveries and the management of material on site.
- Maintain accurate and organized files of submittals, RFI''s, contracts and fuel reports.
- Maintain and update construction drawings, project specifications, subcontract drawings, shop drawings, and prepare final "as builts."
- Coordinate with layout and field engineering in accordance with all project requirements.
- Ensure that all requirements of the union contracts and labor relations are met.
- Coordinate daily construction activities within existing operating facilities.
- Proactively identify and solve problems to minimize risk.
- Coordinate approval of subcontractor, vendor payments and other invoices with Project Management Team.
- Complete job start-up and closeout checklist.
- Execute project team''s plan for monitoring the completion of the punch list and coordinate all required field inspections with local jurisdiction and 3rd party inspectors.
- Review and understand local labor requirements for our client.
- Manage all self perform work.
- Provide technical assistance to all members of project team.
- Develop, mentor and participate in training junior employees towards a successful career with the company.
- Participate actively in subcontractor meetings.
- Promote the growth and development of client, subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Provide organization, direction and training of other project team members to assure adherence to Best Practices.
- Maintain current certifications for First Aid, CPR and OSHA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least six (6) years supervisory construction experience.
- OSHA 30-hour certification
- Current certifications for First Aid and CPR
- Solid skills in Field Management.
- Demonstrated skills in these areas: managing site activity, labor relations and union agreements, anticipating and resolving field related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule requirements, managing site safety and insurance risks, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate both written and oral, and leadership.
- Demonstrated success in managing single projects/phases.
- Willingness to train staff on technical issues as well as company policies, processes and quality.
- Ability in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a positive, "can do" attitude.
Physical Job Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible to maintain fitness-for-duty while holding the above described position and should be able to perform the essential tasks of the position in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. This refers to the physical, mental and emotional duties of the job. Reaching above and below, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and bending. The employee must occasionally lift / carry / move up to 50 pounds. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, file, and perform specialized skills. Needs a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position may require some travel for conferences, educational sessions, and other company events. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels and hazardous working conditions when working at job sites. Safety precautions must be taken and resources will be provided.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties and responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other category as protected by law.