A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
- Job Title
- Equipment Manager
- Job ID
- Bellevue, NE
- Other Location
Talent Orchard, LLC has been retained by a top defense firm in their search for a Hardware Engineer (Journeyman) in Bellevue, NE.
The Hardware Engineer troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network.
Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including MS server, UNIX/LINUX and other authorized information technology systems. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability. Install and configure hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network. Install, optimize and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks.
• Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades; All hardware, software, and firmware versions/upgrades shall be installed and maintained IAW industry best practices and IAW DOD standards and regulations.
• Coordinate all hardware, software and firmware versions/upgrades with applicable government PMs, FMs, and service delivery managers.
• Provide personnel with applicable specialized system administration training as recommended by the manufacturer of their systems.
• Work with outside contractors, vendors, and support desks as needed for hardware and software support.
• Assist outside contractors with upgrades and deployments as required.
• Use automated means to deploy software (packaging) to the greatest extent possible.
• Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
• Provide feedback, updates and status to users on their requests for assistance
• Provide configuration and use support for all customer-approved operating systems including, but not limited to, Microsoft, Linux, UNIX, etc.
• Use Remedy ticketing system or other software tools to track work as required.
• Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
• Perform all hardware, software, and firmware upgrades.
• Complete electronic documentation of all work completed for change requests and incidents. Documentation shall be completed prior to closing out change request tasks and incidents.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, 3 or more years relevant industry experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
CompTIA Security+ or equivalent • ITIL v3 Foundation certification ** The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/ obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. If the candidate does not have a top secret clearance, a minimum of a Secret security clearance is required to start work on-site for this contract. **