BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Python Engineer (DevOps - Elastic)
- Job Title
- Python Engineer (DevOps - Elastic)
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA 22150
- Other Location
- Arnold, MO
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Minimum 8+ years of related experience.
The Python Engineer will design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Team member will support the program’s Elastic as a Service (EaaS) team to provide quality cost effective search solutions to the client. As part of the Elastic Team, various expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise environment both on premise as well as in the cloud.
The Engineer will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and automating data ingest, optimizing system and search performance, integration with enterprise authentication services, and establishing/improving system monitoring while maintaining established security protocols development, test, and production systems. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing design and test documents.
- Architect, build and maintain on premise and/or cloud infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost efficiencies/authentication/search, etc.)
- Administer production, staging and development environments
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing
- Work with A&A Teams to maintain security requirements for operation of systems
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest
- On-call support may be required.
- Experience working within Linux distributions such as RedHat and CentOS
- Strong Understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT)
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Azure
- Experience with Python framework and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of network technologies, common infrastructure components, load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Experience building Amazon EC2 instances and S3 buckets for development, test, and production environments
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience working with API Management tools (Kong, etc)
- Experience working closely with software development teams
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e. IAM, S3 bucket, Cloud Trail, SSH, etc.)
- Ability to write and use unit and functional testing
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills