Interested in joining the bubbly gang?
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Associate Buyer
- Job ID
- Torrance, CA 90501
- Other Location
The demand for Health-Ade is exploding as consumers fall in love with our Kombucha. We’re experiencing rapid growth and searching for an Assistant Buyer to support procurement of raw materials, equipment, parts and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Tracks and determines ordering of production and shipping supplies (i.e. ink, labels, chemicals etc..).
- Reviews internal requisitions and obtains quotes as necessary.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Prepares purchase orders.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Responsible for the management of perishable inventory purchased by weekly review of item usage, forecasts, production schedules and inventory adjustments
- Issues release orders to vendors in a timely manner.
- Matches receiving documents with invoices and verifies invoices for accuracy.
- Works with QC and R&D to qualify raw materials through samples and timely document collection (specifications, audits, allergens, etc…)
- Logs samples of raw materials and components and keeps sample inventory organized.
- Initiates test request forms for ingredients.
- Collects documents from new vendors for set up while securing payment terms with new vendors.
- Prepares and coordinates the review of labels and maintains the files.
- Schedules vendor meetings for the department.
- Provide operational support and organization to the purchasing team.
- Works with Procurement Manager on any additional projects or tasks as needed.
- At least 2 years of experience in a purchasing or assistant role in a professional environment
- Minimum of Associate Degree in science or business-related field
- Familiar with various disciplines of Purchasing/Buyer concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly, both in writing with both internal customers and external vendors.
- Intermediate Excel skills (i.e. Vlookup) and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.