BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Executive Assistant II
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant II
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
The Executive Administrative Support (2) candidate will perform a variety of administrative duties, providing mission support within the Mission Directorates. Team member will provide guidance and assistance to the completion of complex tasks for general office and/or program support. The nature of the position demands a high degree of autonomy and latitude in planning, organizing, and decision making to fulfill work requirements. Individuals will work under minimal supervision with wide latitude to exercise independent judgment to accomplish work in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the designated Senior Executive (SE) and other Agency Senior Executive managers, other managers, and staff.
- Coordinate the workflow of multiple critical issues within a continuously adapting schedule for the assigned SE, cognitive of the criticality, sensitivity, and confidentiality of the issues both internally and externally within the Agency, Congress, other Intelligence Community organizations, and the private sector.
- Provide support to 2-4 government staff simultaneously.
- Maintain an awareness of internal structural levels and hierarchy within the organization by being cognizant of internal and external Senior Executive interrelationships, styles, and methods of operations.
- Perform a comprehensive range of direct executive office support for a designated Senior Executive.
- Maintain a schedule of appointments that involves determining the importance of the issues for each meeting and following protocol procedures for contacting principals.
- Anticipate and research topics that are of interest to the SE and prepares background books and/or talking points papers, as needed.
- Monitor and coordinate systemic impacts of e-mail for action items and gleans items from staff meetings and weekly reports that require action; creates a system to generate reminders of completion deadlines.
- Assist and relieve the assigned SE of a variety of complex executive office support functions involving contact and exposure to highly critical, sensitive, and confidential information.
- Draft and prepare non-routine letters, memos, documents, and various reports requiring comprehensive knowledge of Agency methods, policies, regulations, procedures, and organization for the SE’s signature.
- Answer phones; place, screen, and refer calls to appropriate Agency resources; take messages and follow-up accordingly to ensure adequate resolution of issues and concerns.
- Prepare for visitors by initiating or passing any needed security clearances and escorts visitors as needed.
- Research and prepare background information and/or talking points papers, as needed on the meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for the meeting.
- Disseminate the executive’s schedule to appropriate staff and acts as liaison between the Senior Executive and others.
- Receive, sort, and screen incoming mail; categorize and prioritizes response needed. Use initiative to prepare responses for signature and to assemble background information from a variety of sources.
- Summarize lengthy correspondence, highlighting key issues, topics or sentences; follows up to ensure proper and timely action taken as needed.
- Develop and maintain accurate records and files management systems.
- Make appointments, travel arrangements, and itineraries; assemble or ensure that packets of information or briefing materials are prepared.
- Accurately prepare expense statements. Assist and inform SE of problems that arise during absences.
- Maintain an efficient office environment
- May include assisting in the ordering of supplies, arranging for the repair of office equipment, initiating the installation of new software, or participating in the planning and implementation of office renovation projects.
This position has availability in McLean, VA or Bethesda, MD.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional; or
• Associate’s Degree in Business or administrative-related field and a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience as an administrative professional.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience working within the IC performing the Contractor Performance Requirements listed in this SOW for this labor category.
• Demonstrated successful use of MS Office Suite applications at Advance level to complete routine to highly complex tasks.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine to highly complex questions in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellent customer service skills, demonstrated by anticipating and responding to the assigned Senior Executive’s requirements.
• Analytical skills sufficient to assess and interpret highly complex information from multiple sources and draw insightful conclusions.
• Extensive knowledge of executive level administrative processes and procedures in the IC
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Three (3) years’ experience working as an Administrative Professional within the IC.
• Professional Certification supporting or related to the position’s scope and responsibility.