BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
Team members duties include, but are not limited to:
- Independently conduct moderately complex research and analysis using all available resources on subjects affecting ODNI’s duties and responsibilities under the National Security Act, Presidential Directives, Executive Orders, and other related laws and policies; analyze statutes, regulations and other information to determine relevance, accuracy, completeness, inconsistencies, or importance.
- Respond to routine and moderately complex legal inquiries by drafting legal correspondence and memoranda as well as cables, affidavits, declarations, regulations, bulletins, notices, claims summaries and notices, and summaries of legal research and analysis that are grammatically correct, technically sound, accurate, and concise.
- Present informal briefings on limited topics to small audiences; prepare slide presentations and statistical data for use by attorneys.
- Provide litigation support to attorneys in administrative proceeds, organizing and responding to discovery in civil and/or criminal cases, and analyzing and responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
- Assist with planning, organizing, and coordinating activities related to the preparation and submission of files or documents related to United States (US) Government-wide and IC-wide policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, and standards.
- Update and maintain databases, files, notebooks, and logs (e.g., case files, trial notebooks, case assignment notebooks) in compliance with pre-existing storage systems and procedures.
- Complete moderately-complex administrative forms and paperwork and function as a note taker during moderately complex depositions, administrative hearings, trials, or meetings.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and persons outside the organization as appropriate and use these relationships to share information of interest and provide basic legal information.
- Monitor and assign actions requiring OGC legal review using OGC’s web based task tracking system, as needed.
- Provide support to OGC litigation team and legal conference support team, as needed.
- Transcribe digital recordings, written correspondence, depositions, investigative reports, and other documents as needed.
- Required Skills
• Paralegal Certification or Three (3) years’ experience as a Paralegal, Legal Assistant/Technician, or Law Clerk.
• Experience conducting basic electronic legal research on Westlaw and Lexis.
• Experience using PACER or other electronic court docket systems.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical functions, processes, practices and procedures to perform administrative and clerical support duties, including but not limited to office automation support, office procedures, filing systems, correspondence and mail processes and procedures and travel.
• Demonstrated experience reviewing and summarizing - complaints; court orders and other related motions filed in criminal/civil proceedings.
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Legal and legislative research skills including familiarity with congress.gov, US Code resources, commercial congressional resources (i.e. CQ) and Federal Rules of Civil Procedures (F.R.CivP).
• Knowledge of Congressional and Executive Branch processes regarding the development, consideration, coordination and communication of views and positions on draft and pending legislation, and IC related legislative documents, such as: legislative proposals, Statements for Record, Questions for Record, Inserts for Record, appeal papers/letters, Statements of Administration Policy, Congressional Notifications, etc.