BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Staff Officer Support
- Job Title
- Staff Officer Support
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
- Bethesda, MD
Employment Type: Full-time
The Staff Officer candidate will be responsible for providing dedicated staff officer support to high profile Senior Executives. Team member will coordinate, execute and troubleshoot complex end to end workflow processes or programs, and independently coordinate the resolution of issues across multiple work areas. The work is complex, diverse, and requires interpreting and applying established policies and regulations to often unique situations and under unique circumstances. Generally, work includes coordinating, organizing, scheduling, and executing, and sometimes creating, complex work processes or programs. Work is performed under minimal supervision with specific duties and responsibilities varying based on assignment.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Primary Point of Contact and Action Officer for office and provides administrative support to senior executive by performing a variety of complex and routine administrative duties including follow-up tracking, coordinating through approval processes and bringing to completion.
- Liaison with senior executives staff in other agencies, congress, and White House to ensure required attendance and briefing materials are in sync.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and execute meetings, conferences and off-sites; may participate in meetings and events as a recorder or note taker. May brief or present administrative support related information.
- Arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, or otherwise support travel including passport/visa requirements, and travel and training vouchers.
- Coordinate the day-to-day administrative activities for the component.
- Coordinate and monitor task completion of other contractors within the component.
- Develop and/or maintain component Standard Operating Procedures.
- Draft/edit correspondence, briefings, and presentations for the senior executives review.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple critical deadlines simultaneously.
- Quality check all materials for the senior executives review and/or signature.
- Coordinate with component staff to build read-ahead materials and briefing books to prepare senior executives for meetings, conferences, and other public events.
- Research and/or retrieve data and information from databases.
- Vet incoming correspondence, summarize/highlight key issues or topics, and follow up to ensure proper and timely response.
- Make all travel arrangements, both foreign and domestic, and prepare all expense documents related to the executives travel.
- Gather budget requirements and/or monitor spend plans related to project, function, or business area.
- Ensure back-up support is provided within component divisions as required.
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
• Ten (10) years of senior administrative expertise for Deputy Director/CEO, SES level executives.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience in writing/editing correspondence and briefings for senior executives.
• Subject matter expertise sufficient to interpret and apply established policies, procedures, and guidelines to unique situations or under unique circumstances.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook,).
• Advanced proficiency in SharePoint applications.
• Extensive knowledge of IC administrative processes and procedures related to area of assignment.
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Basic understanding of Project Management fundamentals, sufficient to plan, coordinate and execute end-to-end administrative support to a process, project/program
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop a professional network across organizational boundaries and at all levels