BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Staff Officer Support
- Job Title
- Staff Officer Support
- Requirement ID
- McLean, VA
- Other Location
The Staff Officer candidate will be responsible for providing dedicated staff officer support to high profile Senior Executives. Team member will coordinate, execute and troubleshoot complex end to end workflow processes or programs, and independently coordinate the resolution of issues across multiple work areas. The work is complex, diverse, and requires interpreting and applying established policies and regulations to often unique situations and under unique circumstances. Generally, work includes coordinating, organizing, scheduling, and executing, and sometimes creating, complex work processes or programs. Work is performed under minimal supervision with specific duties and responsibilities varying based on assignment.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Primary Point of Contact and Action Officer for office and provides administrative support to senior executive by performing a variety of complex and routine administrative duties including follow-up tracking, coordinating through approval processes and bringing to completion.
- Liaison with senior executives staff in other agencies, congress, and White House to ensure required attendance and briefing materials are in sync.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and execute meetings, conferences and off-sites; may participate in meetings and events as a recorder or note taker. May brief or present administrative support related information.
- Arrange travel, coordinate itineraries, or otherwise support travel including passport/visa requirements, and travel and training vouchers.
- Coordinate the day-to-day administrative activities for the component.
- Coordinate and monitor task completion of other contractors within the component.
- Develop and/or maintain component Standard Operating Procedures.
- Draft/edit correspondence, briefings, and presentations for the senior executives review.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple critical deadlines simultaneously.
- Quality check all materials for the senior executives review and/or signature.
- Coordinate with component staff to build read-ahead materials and briefing books to prepare senior executives for meetings, conferences, and other public events.
- Research and/or retrieve data and information from databases.
- Vet incoming correspondence, summarize/highlight key issues or topics, and follow up to ensure proper and timely response.
- Make all travel arrangements, both foreign and domestic, and prepare all expense documents related to the executives travel.
- Gather budget requirements and/or monitor spend plans related to project, function, or business area.
- Ensure back-up support is provided within component divisions as required.
This position has availability in McLean, VA or Bethesda, MD.
- Required Skills
Education/Min Years Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
• Ten (10) years of senior administrative expertise for Deputy Director/CEO, SES level executives.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience in writing/editing correspondence and briefings for senior executives.
• Subject matter expertise sufficient to interpret and apply established policies, procedures, and guidelines to unique situations or under unique circumstances.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Outlook,).
• Advanced proficiency in SharePoint applications.
• Extensive knowledge of IC administrative processes and procedures related to area of assignment.
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
• Basic understanding of Project Management fundamentals, sufficient to plan, coordinate and execute end-to-end administrative support to a process, project/program
Active US Government Security Clearance Required.
- Optional Skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop a professional network across organizational boundaries and at all levels