Option 2: Create a New Profile
Project Manager (ElectricTrucks)
- Job Title
- Project Manager (ElectricTrucks)
- Lancaster, CA 93534
- Other Location
Project Manager – Electric Trucks
Location: Lancaster CA 93534
BYD in Lancaster CA seeks a qualified Project Manager for Electric Truck Deployments.
BYD is a global leader in the design, build and deployment of heavy-duty electric trucks. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles CA., BYD has facilities located around the globe. BYD is focused on building and delivering the highest quality and highest reliability heavy-duty electric truck systems in the world.
BYD is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage the build, delivery and commissioning of heavy-duty electric trucks in the United States and Canada. Candidate will be based at the BYD Lancaster, CA Plant and will report to the Director of Project Management.
This individual must be extremely organized with attention to detail, hardworking, and dedicated to providing the highest level of quality and timeliness in the industry. We are seeking a person who is highly professional, and who can work individually, as well as in a multi-functional team. The ideal candidate will have external customer facing project management experience in a technical field such as automotive, electrical, or heavy-equipment manufacturing and/or commissioning.
Candidate must demonstrate the following to be considered:
· Plan, manage and oversee electric truck and charger projects.
· Overall accountability for design/build/installation/commissioning of projects.
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
· Serve as the Point of Contact to the customer.
· Responsible for project financial results including performance to budget, cash flow, change-order management.
· Accountable for on-time delivery.
· Accountable for on-quality delivery.
- Consult with clients on scope of work and customer follow up.
- Review of projects in current database systems.
- Manage Vendor relationships.
- Ability to travel to Customer Sites within the United States and Canada, as needed.
· Minimum of (6) years of experience in project management within related or relevant industry.
· Minimum of (3) years of experience within an external customer facing role.
· Technical Degree / PMP certification preferred but not essential.
· Leadership skills including the ability to lead and manage large technical teams.
· Strong communication and organization skills.
· Proficient with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Fluent in Mandarin is a huge plus.
BYD Motors (“BYD”) is a California-based electric vehicle manufacturing company and a wholly owned subsidiary of BYD Company Ltd., the largest electric vehicle manufacturer in China and largest electric bus manufacturer in the world. BYD Company Ltd. is publicly traded on the Hong Kong stock exchange (1211.HKE), with approximately 60% of its stock owned by North American investors. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is the single largest investor in BYD Company Ltd.
BYD is deeply passionate about helping transportation and energy grids around the world become greener and more sustainable through the use of cutting edge battery-electric technology. BYD invented an industry-leading rechargeable battery that is safe, stable, environmentally friendly, and longer lasting than any other competing product on the market today. BYD is developing and marketing around the world a family of zero-emission battery-electric cars, trucks, buses, forklifts, and energy storage systems all built around this revolutionary, environmentally-sound battery technology.
Today, BYD has over 800 employees spread out across it's headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles, our manufacturing plant in Lancaster, CA, and offices throughout California and the United States.