Join our Team
Are you a mobile innovator? We're looking for you.
We aren’t looking for employees. We’re looking for partners. Partners who will join our team with excitement for the innovations we build every day.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Product Owner -Portal Application
- Job Title
- Product Owner -Portal Application
- Houston, TX 77042
- Other Location
Estimated Start Date: Immediate
Location: Houston, Texas
Immediate Supervisor: Product Director – Consumer Experience
P97 Networks is the leading provider of mobile commerce and digital marketing solutions which power new and emerging daily journeys. When you’re looking for fuel, food, parking, charging, or convenience retail—our innovative cloud based mobile commerce platform, PetroZone®, enables mobile payments, customer loyalty programs, and connectivity with the largest universe of gas stations and convenience stores in the US. We focus on creating connected commerce experiences, whether through your connected car, smart phone, or voice enabled devices like Alexa. We are experts at cloud-based payment and loyalty aggregation, identity and security, digital offers and settlement, omni-channel marketing, and data insights.
Every day, we are re-imagining connected consumer experiences and trying to make life’s daily journeys a little bit better for everyone. Convenience, speed, and safety is our mission—and these are the expectations for the new generation of buyers, sellers and anyone looking to conduct commerce during their daily drive. P97 is recognized as a thought leader for enabling digital transformation in the convenience retail and fuels marketing industry, and we take hiring very seriously. We further believe the combination of an experienced team, our passion for technology, and our mutual desire to win—will make us successful together. We trust you will find our company and this opportunity equally compelling.
Job Description: Product Owner - Portal
The Product Owner for Portal is a pivotal role within P97 as they are accountable for one or more core capabilities (e.g. portal design, business analytics, digital offers and omni-channel marketing enablement, messaging, integration, connectivity, processing, and fraud monitoring capabilities). Most of the responsibilities of the Product Owner include executing business plans related to their specific area of responsibility. The Product Owner serves as the link between Product Directors (strategy) and the Engineering Department (execution).
The Product Owner must have a passion for web and mobile technologies, a strong understanding of modern web and mobile software technology and possess demonstratable knowledge of the Agile product development lifecycle. The Product Owner is also responsible for supporting Sales, Business Development and Professional Services with their domain expertise as well as end customer’s and/or other stakeholders, with an intent to maximize the value of the product through ensuring that the work is done correctly—on specification, on schedule, and on budget.
- Core Platform Capabilities and Product Planning: The Product Owner will work with the Product Director(s) to help develop a three-year roadmap for core products and support the creation of new product and digital transformation strategies, including product-market fit, product positioning, product architecture, alignment with partner roadmaps and integration strategies. The Product Owner will be responsible for writing user stories that align to the product requirements, including UI/UX, platform architectural requirements, and feedback from engineering, sales, marketing, and network operation teams. The Product owner will be responsible for understanding and documenting customer requirements, minimal viable product, product-market fit, business constraints/technical issues preventing rapid deployment and work with product marketing to help define go-to-market strategies, provide key product and market insights, and serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering.
- Product Features, Capabilities, and Schedule: The Product Owner acts as a strategist who will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks, set product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with the design and engineering teams. The Product Owner will champion efforts to develop product vision, objectives, review acceptance criteria for user stories, and ensures that user stories meet Definition of Ready and are always current (e.g. daily and weekly updates). The Product Owner will also provide functional design, clarifications, and other details on JIRA stories to help the Engineering team build quality product. The Product Owner will play a significant role in quality and works with the Product Director to prepare features and user stories for continuous planning cycles. Product Owner must work very closely with the Scrum Team and Professional Services team and coordinates their activities over the whole lifetime of the project. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring the agile development team works from a set of verified priorities as well as delivers customer/business value through product features and is the conduit to other business partners for the team.
- Domain Expertise and Support: The Product Owner will support early adopter programs, minimal viable product launches, funded pilots with strategic customers. This role will heavily engage with the Professional Services team to detail requirements and understand what needs to be delivered to help the P97 Engineering team and is expected to provide guidance to the Engineering team in areas such as compliance with industry standards, and partner/network certifications.
This role will coordinate with Product Director(s) to facilitate the development of the product capabilities necessary to deliver the agreed roadmap, while developing sponsorship within the sales team, engineering and architect teams to build the products and solutions enabled by the platform(s) for which they are responsible.
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization
- Analyze various solutions options and collaborate with leadership to choose the best options to pursue
- Develop and maintain business requirements that makes a compelling case for continued investment into your products
- Collaborate with other stakeholders on the creation of positioning products
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement
Key Success Factors
- Create and maintain a consistent product roadmap definition that aligns with P97 goals and market requirements
- Launch products with the help of other teams
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Champion efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements in order to develop new products and enhance existing products
- Engage and work closely with the design, marketing, and engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule.
- Experience with mobile commerce, retail fuel systems, fleet cards, and/or payments and processing is a huge plus!
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher is a plus!
- Technical certification strongly preferred in a professionally recognized area
- 5+ years of experience working on scrum/agile projects
- 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products
- Understanding of internet and marketing platforms and SaaS based software
- Metrics driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information
- 5+ year of experience as a product manager/functional consultant leading an IT project
- Ability to manage work time to ensure the accomplishment of specific goals.
- Strong experience in working across multiple cultures, countries, and working with complex large corporations
- International or global/virtual project or program management experience
- Technical aptitude and a passion for staying current with new and upcoming technologies to ensure the best possible solutions for clients.
- Strong understanding of common standards (ISO, PCI, GDPR, etc.)
- Extensive experience developing relationships with customers and internal leaders.
- Self-motivated and charismatic leader and peer
This job description provides many examples of the types of responsibilities required but is in not intended to be a comprehensive list. The incumbent will complete other job responsibilities as needed which are not specifically described in this document.
P97’s employees are recognized as a thought leader by peers, customers, and others in the industry with a respected reputation both internally and externally. If you want to be the newest member of a vibrant group of technology leaders in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment, then apply online today to start building solutions that customers will love to use and join a company that truly rewards your hard work and values your talented contributions. For a complete list of our open positions, please visit our website at www.P97.com and career center at http://p97.com/careers/.
P97 rewards your hard work with a competitive compensation plan, comprehensive benefits plan, stock options, 401k with a match, PTO package, sponsored sports opportunities, a fun working environment, complementary catered lunches twice a week with a stocked kitchen the rest of the time, education and certification reimbursement, access to an on-site fitness facility, and amazing opportunities for career growth and personal development.
P97 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. P97 Networks, Inc. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Please note, relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in P97. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Sign up for the P97 newsletter to stay up to date with news, events, and leading mobile trends.