Our team is growing. You will, too.
- Job Title
- Cloud/System Architect
- Job ID
- Kansas City, MO 64105
- Other Location
Location: Kansas City, MO – this position is office based, does not work remotely
The Cloud/System Architect will be involved across the entire life cycle of the development process. They are responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. The Cloud/System Architect must be able to adjust to constant business change, including new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
The Cloud/System Architect will provide leadership and mentoring for DevOps Engineers. They will work closely with IT team members to understand their requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies, and architectural standards.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for DevOps Engineers and members of the development team
- Build and maintain a resilient, secure, and efficient SaaS application platform to meet established SLAs
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with Engineering, Product, Services, and other departments
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance, such as ISO, SOC 2, GDPR, etc.
Background & Experience:
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably AWS
- Experience with containerization technology, preferably Docker
- Experience with C# applications and related .NET technology stack
- Release automation (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Experience using scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- Experience with configuration management tools (PowerShell DSC, Puppet) and command execution frameworks
- Experience researching and utilizing Open Source projects to meet business and technical requirements
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports
- Able to administer and troubleshoot systems and services, such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, and Airflow
- Ability to operate in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience