- Job Title
- Technician-Home Installation
- Job ID
- Lock Haven, PA
- Other Location
What do Technicians-Home Installation do?
We’re MasTec Advanced Technologies and we’re looking for Installation Techs to install, service and upgrade entertainment systems. This is a great opportunity to put your experience in computers, electrical, maintenance, cable, military and customer service to work for a great company.
In this role, sometimes you’re the ‘make it happen’ tech who gets families and businesses up and running with all the TV they love. Some days you’re the ‘save the day’ tech, fixing the system if things go wrong and bringing the TV back (this is especially critical on game days or season finales). And on other days, you’re the ‘rainmaker’ tech, upgrading customers’ systems to maximize their entertainment experience. Seriously, you’re pretty much a hero.
At MasTec, our most successful Installation Techs have these four things in common:
They are customer service-driven:
- They are friendly, approachable and comfortable meeting new people and can talk to just about anyone
- They have solid communication skills
- They are “likeable experts” who deliver a good service experience for customers
They are hands-on:
- They enjoy the variety of assignments from site surveys to equipment installation to troubleshooting
- Ladders and power tools are their version of a desk and office supplies
- They’re resourceful multi-taskers and problem solvers who will do what it takes to troubleshoot issues (this is where the ‘save the day’ part comes in)
They are tech-savvy:
- They have the know-how and persistence to troubleshoot technical system issues
- They like to learn new technologies
- They’ll ensure a quality connection
- They know their way around a smart phone
They are self-motivated:
- They like making multiple customer visits per day because they’re motivated by the pay-per-job model control your own pay
- They’re at their best when working on their own and setting their own schedule
- They represent our client and MasTec with integrity, professionalism and friendly service
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply to MasTec today. Here, we work hard to set you up for success. Here’s what’s in store for you at MasTec:
- Competitive wages
- Paid Training
- Free DIRECTV in your own home
- High-quality tools to get you started
- Uniform, van and gas card
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match that’s 100% vested (that’s free money)
- Paid time off
- Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
- 80% of our Managers started as Techs – and there is a clear promotion path to Field Technician Supervisor and Site Manager.
Essential Responsibilities (a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Technician):
You’ll coordinate schedules with customers, review their order and begin the installation. Once the system is installed, you’ll give customers a tour of their system to make the most of their new or upgraded service.
Installing the technology
You’ll conduct site surveys to determine the best positioning of the equipment for strongest signal reception and formulate the wiring plan. You’ll place the mounts, equipment and receivers to ensure connectivity.
If things go wrong, you’ll diagnose the issues, make repairs and replace or upgrade components – and get the TV back for customers.
Yes, there are some requirements. You must:
- Be able to lift 80 pounds and climb 40-foot ladders
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and MVR (driving record) check
- Be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends or evenings
- Have basic computer skills
EAGER TO START YOUR NEW CAREER WITH MASTEC? Text the word Mastec to 713-322-4224 to get the interview process started!
About MasTec Advanced Technologies
MasTec Advanced Technologies is one of the largest DIRECTV installation and service companies in the United States, serving over 200,000 customers each month in single-family homes or local businesses. We currently operate in over 36 markets and 52 local offices nationwide to deliver the ultimate television viewing customer experience. Representing the face and/or brand of DIRECTV, our satellite technicians receive the highest level of support from senior level technicians and their management team.
MasTec Advanced Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.