- Job Title
- Purchasing Assistant
- Job ID
- IRVING, TX 75038-3527
- Other Location
You are personally motivated to WOW people with your skills while leading them to follow processes. Your organizational skills give you the flexibility to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at once. No task is too small or too big, you do it all and you do it with pride. You thrive under pressure and love a fast paced environment.
Since 1948 our client has been a recognized leader in designing innovative and reliable pumps for OEM, industrial and water gardening markets. While manufacturing off-the-shelf pumps remains the core of the business, over the years our custom pump design, development and manufacturing capability for OEM customers has been growing steadily. Today, they collaborate closely with OEM customer development teams early in the product cycle. Our client has earned OEM customer loyalty for over 70 years by understanding the importance of quality and value.
The Purchasing Assistant maintains records of business transactions and office activities of the organization by performing the following duties:
- Assist with demand planning and analysis
- Perform data entry of purchase orders and forward them to vendors
- Follow-up with factories for status of purchase orders
- Check updates on delivery dates and pricing from vendors
- Research suppliers for alternate sources based on price, quality, availability and reliability
- Assist with purchase requisitions turned in by office personnel
- Matching of requisitions to PO’s and filing
- Assist with material control and analysis
- Assist Office Manager with other duties as required
- High school diploma required
- 2+ years of purchasing experience or equivalent clerical position
- Must be able to multi task, remain organized and consistently produce a strong work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel) to analyze and organize data
This is a full-time position. Standard Business Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., 40 hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ZAL #ALI