- Job Title
- Android Developer
- Job ID
- Ottawa, ON K2S 1E6
- Other Location
Location: Ottawa ON
We have partnered with a growing, privately held technology company that is seeking an Android Developer. Their products and services are heavily built around GPS and Navigation technology that's world class and highly innovative for the industry. This person will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at Android devices. You will have the opportunity to work along-side other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. They are in looking for skilled, entrepreneurial individuals to join a collaborative team of talented technical people as they continue to grow quickly.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
• Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
• Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
• Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
• Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
• Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
• Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes
• Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
• Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
• Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
How to apply?
All qualified and interested applicants should apply directly to our Lead Recruiter Peter Mills at email@example.com, or on our website at www.talentlab.com. Although we thank all applicants for their interest, only those in consideration will be contacted.