Patient Access Representative
- Job Title
- Patient Access Representative
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77024
- Other Location
Do you desire a rewarding role with a great organization?
Do you want a job that's not just a job?
Seeking job fulfillment in a position that will make an impact on others' lives?
If so, we want to hear from you!
UT Physicians is committed to providing the best that medicine has to offer with quality care that incorporates the latest medical treatments and innovations and the most up-to-date technology.
With more than 1,500 physicians certified in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties, UT Physicians is a prestigious organization located in the Houston Medical Center and surrounding areas providing multi-specialty care for the entire family. We help patients needing urgent, highly specialized or complex care and also provides high-quality, wellness-oriented primary care for routine illnesses and maintenance of good health.
Our doctors are internationally recognized for leading-edge medical research and treatment. Many are among the Woodward-White “Best Doctors in America.” They are national leaders in research, education and clinical excellence.
We are currently looking for Healthcare professionals to join our team.
Patient Access Representative – Memorial City Women's
- Check-in and check-out patients at the front desk
- Answers all incoming calls and forwards calls to appropriate staff
- Provides excellent customer service
- Pre-registers new and established patients verifying all demographic and insurance information making corrections as needed
- Advises patients of clinic financial policies when scheduling appointments
- Schedule cancel and reschedule patients according to the clinic scheduling policy
- Informs patients of late arrival, cancellation, and rescheduling policy
- Documents telephone notes in EMR (call processing) and routes to appropriate staff
- Communicates with Clinic Manager regarding changes in Provider schedule
- Assists with appointment confirmation, as needed
- Assists with rescheduling appointments when there is a change in Provider schedule
- Works collaboratively with staff to achieve optimal efficiency, outcomes and morale
- Maintains excellent and punctual attendance
- Uses computer daily including e-mail, word documents, spreadsheets, patient management system or electronic health record, as required
- Demonstrates commitment to UTP mission and goals
- Adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Abides by all Department policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum one (1) year related experience in a Medical Office
In exchange for your dedication, you can expect a competitive salary, sincere appreciation for your work and a beautiful, "family-like" working environment unlike any other. We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and a 401-K Retirement matching. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.