- Job Title
- Web Developer
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77030
- Other Location
Do you desire a rewarding role with a great organization?
Do you want a job that's not just a job?
Seeking job fulfillment in a position that will make an impact on others' lives?
If so, we want to hear from you!
UT Physicians is committed to providing the best that medicine has to offer with quality care that incorporates the latest medical treatments and innovations and the most up-to-date technology.
With more than 1,500 physicians certified in 80 medical specialties and subspecialties, UT Physicians is a prestigious organization located in the Houston Medical Center and surrounding areas providing multi-specialty care for the entire family. We help patients needing urgent, highly specialized or complex care and also provides high-quality, wellness-oriented primary care for routine illnesses and maintenance of good health.
Our doctors are internationally recognized for leading-edge medical research and treatment. Many are among the Woodward-White “Best Doctors in America.” They are national leaders in research, education and clinical excellence.
We are currently looking for Healthcare professionals to join our team.
Summary: The web developer will be responsible for website development, minor content management, performance optimization, and debugging primarily within the WordPress CMS under the direction a senior web developer.
- Maintain and enhance website functionality, graphics, and content.
- Design and build dynamic, functional, responsive, accessible web interfaces.
- Utilizes front-end libraries or frameworks to maximize efficiency in development
- Conducts testing and remediation for accessibility, usability, speed performance and cross-browser compatibility.
- Uses the GIT version control system along with GITLAB for collaboration with teammates.
- Minor data entry and analysis tasks.
- Any other related duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager.
- Maintains confidentiality practices according to HIPAA guidelines in regard to private patient information.
- Conforms all work to the UT Physicians branding standards and university policies and procedures.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Web Development / Web Design or related field. (A coding boot camp certificate with professional experience may substitute for Associate’s Degree.)
- 2 years of experience in professional web development preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with WordPress core functions and theme development.
- Advanced PHP knowledge and development skills aside from Wordpress.
- Experience with implementing optimizations for speed performance, browser & device compatibility, usability, accessibility, web security, and responsiveness.
- Basic image manipulation such as cropping, compressing, and color correction.
- Competent in UI / UX and responsive design.
- Disciplined in modern, clean, and efficient coding practices.
- Familiar with GIT version control and repository management with GITHUB or GITLAB.
Additional Computer Skills:
Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point, Publisher, Skype), Adobe Photoshop, phpMyAdmin, Visual Studio Code, Atom, Sublime Text, Terminal / Command Line, Browser Developer Tools, setup SSH
In exchange for your dedication, you can expect a competitive salary, sincere appreciation for your work and a beautiful, "family-like" working environment unlike any other. We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision and a 401-K Retirement matching. We value our employees’ time and efforts. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.