Family Law Paralegal
- Job Title
- Family Law Paralegal
- Job ID
- Arlington, TX 76016
- Other Location
Our client is a full-service general practice law firm committed to providing remarkable representation and personalized cost-effective legal services to each of their clients.
Family Law Paralegal
You have integrity and hold yourself to the highest standards. You have a reputation for excellence and your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
- Communicate effectively with clients, witnesses and expert witnesses, consultants, opposing counsels and other third parties.
- Maintain case information electronically such as; emails, time entries, documents, notes and messages.
- Coordinate scheduling for trials, hearings, mediations and meetings.
- Use appropriate care to ensure that legal and factual issues relevant to the cases are handled and properly explored.
- Prepare case strategy and planning, subject to attorney approval.
- Supervise legal assistants and interns for department tasks, as assigned.
- Assist attorneys with responding to demands, motions and deadlines, and analyze incoming cases and complex legal issues and determine course of action.
- Support attorney in preparation for hearings and trials including preparing notebooks and exhibits.
- Assist law firm financial and billing specialist with department collections.
- Assist with meeting potential new clients for case acquisition and maintain all records electronically.
- Participate in monthly marketing meetings and events.
- High School diploma.
- 4 years of experience working as a Paralegal in Family Law.
- Knowledge of software: Clio, Trello, Adobe Acrobat/Redact, Pages, Mac OS, iPad, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Westlaw and more.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.