Structural Civil Engineer
- Job Title
- Structural Civil Engineer
- Job ID
- Fort Worth, TX 76106
- Other Location
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm located in Fort Worth, TX. A few of their specialties include engineering and inspecting of home and commercial foundation designs, external wall/wind bracing designs, retaining wall designs, soil testing for residential and commercial foundations, and a wide variety of inspections before, during and after the design process.
Structural Civil Engineer
- Design and supervise engineering projects such as structures and facilities that provide shelter, support transportation systems and control natural resources.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Use judgment in making some substantial engineering adaptations and modifications to assigned projects.
- Assist in serving as a technical consultant concerning facilities planning, design, construction and/or maintenance for different categories of facilities.
- Review drafter-prepared design drawings, indicating basic design corrections, prepare technical specifications, review engineering plans for compliance with numerous regulatory acts.
- Estimate costs, personnel, and material needs. Prepare proposals and establish completion dates.
- Inspect construction site to determine conformance of site to design specifications.
- May inspect existing projects and recommend repair and replacement of defective members or rebuilding of entire structure.
- Familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- State Licensed and Seal.
- Knowledge of AutoCad and/or Micro-Station, MS Office, Access, Excel and Outlook.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive annual salary and benefits package including paid time off, medical, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.