- Job Title
- Title Processor
- Job ID
- Dublin, OH 43017
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes and top-tier non-athlete candidates in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Title Processor
Our Client's Location: Dublin, Ohio area
Our Client's Company Profile: Our client is looking to break the status quo of the title industry and truly put the customer first, regardless of the time and place. The company has six different locations around Columbus, OH-area. A privately owned venture, our client is looking to add driven individuals who want to make a positive impact on the lives of their customers.
Why Work For Our Client: You will have the chance to work alongside a family-oriented team of difference makers.
- Great company culture
- Awesome incentives
- Unlimited growth opportunities; Client believes in promoting from within
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary plus bonus potential
- Full benefits
Job Description and Qualifications:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of complex and large dollar escrow customers.
- Manage the entire real estate closing process, including compliance with real estate contracts, lender instructions, title requirements, company requirements, and other written instructions
- Understand the escrow process to determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions
- Collaborate with title department to resolve title issues such as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, list pendants, etc. Exercises appropriate judgment to identify potential legal and operating risks
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be required for the issuance of title insurance- Conduct closing with the customer, realtor, lenders, and attorneys
- Assist customers and clients with closing related questions. Acts as an intermediary between different parties
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgments and legal descriptions are correct
- Collect all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest - Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions
- Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have been paid correctly
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct acknowledgments, legal, and lien information
- When needed, delegate work to and manage work of escrow processors in the real estate transaction process
- Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future real estate closing transactions
- Provides a high level of customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals for escrow transactions
- Understands industry developments and regulatory issues and the impact on the business
- Experienced with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field.
- Formerly in an Escrow Officer/Title Processor role
- Notary public
- Work independently and make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent client relations and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages -- the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information.
- Successful track record in the escrow industry and expertise in a variety of escrow product areas.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written.
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents, and brokers.
- Background in Accounting, Business Administration, Real Estate, Statistics, and Finance is a plus
- Must be willing to work nights and potentially on weekends! We are not a traditional title company. We provide service to our customers and are on-call 24/7/365.